Technology Project Manager Industry 4.0 (Extension Professional II)
Job Title: Technology Project Manager Industry 4.0 (Extension Professional II)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220503
Job Purpose:Serving within the Research Faculty of The Institute, this position directly supports the extension, service, and economic development missions of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. Primarily this position serves within the Georgia Tech MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) of the Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2). Extension Professionals are responsible for initiating, conducting, reporting and follow-up of technical projects for the focused (but not exclusive) client customer base defined as the small to mid-size manufacturer (<500 employees). EI2 Extension Professionals are expected to manage projects independently and report measurable outcomes through internal metric reporting systems required by federal sponsors.
This specific position will report to the GaMEP’s Group Manager of the Operational Excellence team and will be expected to have a strong background in Manufacturing Technology, and specifically, Industry 4.0 technology implementation.Responsibilities
- Develop project opportunities from initiation through delivery. In general, this includes, but is not limited to: evaluating client needs, facilitating groups for identifying/solving problems, collaborating with appropriate constituents to meet project objectives/requirements, assigning and/or performing project follow-up activities, and presenting project findings/recommendations.
- Assist manufacturing industry clients with the selection, proof-of-concept and implementation of advanced manufacturing (Industry 4.0) technologies.
- Work with clients as a trusted advisor to ensure optimal outcomes for their technology investments.
- Train industry clients on a wide variety of advanced manufacturing technology topics.
- Serve as the Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership’s expert in Industry 4.0 – with demonstrated expertise with one or more of the following Industry 4.0 / Technology areas:
- Big Data and Analytics
- Industrial Internet of Things
- Additive Manufacturing
- Digital Factory Floor / Smart Factory
- Augmented Reality
- Perform organizational administrative tasks, and other related duties, as assigned.
- Education: MS degree in Engineering, Technology, Business, or related field.Work Experience: Minimum 5-7 years of related experience with a strong background in Manufacturing Technology, and specifically, Industry 4.0 technology implementation. General manufacturing project management and/or consulting service delivery background required, based on the successful candidate’s skillset – for example, experience leading training/projects in ISO 9001-2015, Lean, Lean Six Sigma, OSHA Compliance, or other GaMEP Operational Excellence skill set.Skills: This job requires working knowledge of general manufacturing processes as well as ability to perform sales, marketing, and customer service from a consulting delivery perspective. This job also requires public speaking/presentation, process analysis and problem-solving, as well as use of standard office equipment and specialized computer applications. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a reputable track record in project management with an ability to interpret/present data in logical and client-understandable fashion.Travel: Incumbents in this position are expected to travel, as needed, and remain flexible to on-site daily service delivery hours (due to client shift schedules and/or project requirements).
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (ASQ Certified) or higher
- Experience with traditional Lean Manufacturing solutions, such as Value Stream Mapping/Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Set-Up Reduction, Visual Management Systems, etc.
- Professional Certification Strongly Preferred: SACA Certified Industry 4.0 Professional, NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF), Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP), Data Analytics/Data Science certification, Graduate or Professional Education Certificate in Industry 4.0/Technology field, or other demonstration of competency with Industry 4.0/Technology management and implementation.