10018421 Campus Facilities Manager I- INTERNAL ONLY
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Facilities Primary Location: Warner Robins Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
This position is responsible for managing plant operations for one of the satellite campuses of Middle Georgia State University. This opening is for the Warner Robins Campus.
Manages the day-to-day maintenance operation of one of the following campuses: 70% Dublin, Eastman or Warner Robins.
• Plans, organizes, directs, schedules and performs maintenance operations on the campus, including custodial, grounds, maintenance, event set-up, etc.
• Maintains equipment and supply inventory; makes purchases as needed.
• May manage grounds, custodial, or maintenance personnel. If so, assigns and coordinates the work of personnel using an automated work order system.
• Responds to and resolves work order requests.
• Controls campus heating, air conditioning and lighting systems through a centralized monitoring and control program.
• Coordinates the work of contractors as needed.
• Maintains and repairs assigned tools and equipment.
• Performs related duties. Manage special events or projects as assigned by the Director of Facilities Operations: 30%
• Coordinates with the Director for Facilities Operations for the scheduling and oversight of renovation projects.
• Coordinates projects with campus constituents.
• Coordinates special events with Director of Facilities Operations, students, faculty, and staff, as well as outside groups utilizing MGA space to ensure expectations are exceeded.
• Tracks the status of work projects to ensure timely completion.
• Manages campus signage.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
• Knowledge of facilities operations, maintenance and management principles and practices.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of the construction trades.
• Knowledge of university purchasing policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in the training and supervision of personnel.
• Skill in the operation and maintenance of a variety of job-related tools and equipment.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
The Campus Facilities Manager assigns work in terms of very general instructions, spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, and evaluates the nature and quality of the final results.
Guidelines include the Board of Regents construction manual; the National Electric Code; Occupational Safety and Health Administration guidelines; Material Safety Data information; local, state and national building codes; and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
• The work consists of varied plant operations and maintenance duties. The variety of operations to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to manage facility operations for the Eastman campus. Success in this position results in the provision of safe, attractive, and efficient facilities for all university operations.
• The employee may be required to work after hours, weekends, and be on-call.
• All employees must pass a background check, motor vehicle report, and may be required to submit for a credit check for issuance of a purchasing card. MGA is a drug-, alcohol-, and tobacco-free campus.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, contractors, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects up to 100 lbs., climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in an office, stockroom, warehouse and outdoors, frequently in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, and grease; machinery with moving parts; contagious or infectious diseases; or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
The direct supervisory responsibility varies depending on the campus as follows, and is subject to change: Dublin Campus – Custodian (1). Eastman Campus – Custodian (1). Warner Robins – No direct reports.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Associate’s Degree in any discipline.
• Experience with computerized work order systems.
• Supervisory experience.
• Class A or B CDL.
• This position is exempt.
• This position is Grade 19.
Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018421 Campus Facilities Manager I 9.04.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D