Business Systems Manager
Posting DetailsVacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleBusiness Systems ManagerSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$79,000 - $86,000Position Number00106181Work ScheduleFlexible via Telework 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. or 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-FridayFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department444001 - Business ServicesDepartmentBusiness ServicesJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The 900 positions of the Facilities Division service the students and staff of the University’s teaching, research/administrative space and 2,240 acres of infrastructure. The Facilities Division provides design and building services, maintenance, custodial, landscape, solid waste removal, utility, mail, and motor pool services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The goal is to deliver cost effective services to the University, ensure completed projects and maintenance that conform to codes and regulations, while minimizing University liabilities and disruptions caused by the maintenance, repair. building, and equipment modifications to the University.Essential Job Duties
This position is a high level manager within the Facilities Business Systems unit. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and supports the integrated work management system – AiM – campus-wide across a number of entities.
- Ensures security protocols, manages three separate databases, a data warehouse and repository, and provides sufficient knowledge of principles and concepts behind applications analysis, design analysis, project planning, thorough testing and debugging, implementation and documentation.
- Performs upgrades and leads projects to implement new practices in an ever changing environment.
- Provides technical leadership to system programmer analysts and other technical staff involved in implementation and integration projects across campus AiM users.
- Performs extracts, process and load routines and analysis to provide current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Communicate with customers and others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Collects business intelligence data from various systems and builds datasets that can be shared for reporting purposes.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, customers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain or update business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems or methods.
- Create business intelligence tools or systems, including design of related databases, spreadsheets or outputs.
- Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Position will require extensive collaboration with the Fac Budget Office and other Directors and Senior Directors to ensure all procedures and standard operating procedures (SOP) are being utilized and all customers are being billed accurately.
- Manages all Business Analysis employees as well as a Fiscal Tech Specialist and the Customer Service Center who support and provide input to the system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in business application consulting or development; or Bachelor’s degree with some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in business applications consulting or development; or Associate’s degree in computer programming and three years of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experienceDepartmental Required Skills
- Integrated work management system
- SQL Language (Proficient) to create custom tables, views and scripts
- Proficient Knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Pentaho BI Tool server (data warehouse, reporting, and data coding ETLs)
- Tomcat Apache Servers *
- Ability to interpret and enforce University and Facilities’ Division policies and procedures.
Experience in the following areas:
- Facilities organization
- AiM Integrated Work Management System
- BIRT Report Writer
- Crystal reports
- Data Studio – Google
- Pentaho and Pentaho Spoon Tool
- Mongo Databases
- Ability to Telework and Manage Staff Remotely
In addition to your application please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least 3 professional references.Job Open Date09/03/2020Anticipated Closing DateIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date10/15/2020AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience writing applications that interface with a SQL-based database?
- * Have you ever worked with AiM or a similar job cost database?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References