Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Posting DetailsPosting NumberPG190265PDPosition Number00106755Position TypePost DocFLSAExemptDepartment ID111801 - Entomology and Plant PathologyDepartment111801 - Entomology and Plant PathologyJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPosition InformationEssential Job Duties
A Postdoctoral Research Scholar is required for a highly collaborative DARPA-funded project on gene therapy in maize using insect-vectored viruses. The Postdoc will be responsible for construction of expression constructs, genetic and phenotypic analysis of plants, helping grow and propagate genetic stock in the field, development of techniques for targetted gene replacement and disruption in plant cells using CRISPR/CAS9 based technologies.Other Work/Responsibilities
The Postdoctoral Research Scholar will be responsible for writing manuscripts for publication and presenting results at scientific conferences.Work ScheduleMonday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pmDepartment Required Skills
- Ph.D. in genetics, molecular biology or a related field.
- At least 3 year’s experience in lab-based molecular biology.
- Experience with any of the following is desirable though not required: Plant genetics especially maize, Plant pathology, CRISPR/CAS9 systems, Plant virology.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?NoCommercial Driver's License Required?NoRecruitmentAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with ExperienceIf you anticipate multiple hires from this search, please indicate how manyJob Open Date09/01/2020Quick Linkhttp://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/135743AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you or will you have a PhD in genetics, molecular biology, or a related field by the start date?
- * Describe your experience, if any, in plant genetics, especially regarding maize, plant pathology, CRISPR/CAS9 systems, and plant virology.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- * If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for References