Position DetailsVacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleDigital SpecialistSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$25/hrPosition Number16CMN10Work ScheduleflexibleFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Department160201 - EnglishDepartment Job City & StateEssential Job Duties
This position will assist in updating the Sociolinguistics Archive and Analysis Project (SLAAP), redacting names from tapes, uploading data and site samples to SLAAPOther Work/ResponsibilitiesMinimum Experience/Education
MA, experience working with SLAAP, experience in digitizing tapes, experience in transcribing in PraatDepartmental Required Skills
Experience working with slaap
Familiarity with digitizing
Transcribing in Praat
n/aRequired License or Certification
n/aSpecial InstructionsJob Open Date09/01/2020Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.09/07/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your previous IT work experience. Do you have prior experience working on NC State campus?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References