Posting DetailsVacancy TypeSHRAIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoTime Limited?NoTime-Limited Appointment LengthTitleAdministrative Support SpecialistBand LevelAdvancedWorking TitleDevelopment AssistantSalary Range$31,200 - $53,083Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with Experience ($41,321 - $45,000)Salary Grade Equivalency63Position Number00062825Work ScheduleM-F - 8am-5pm, nights and weekends as necessaryDoes the regular and recurring schedule of this position result in the employee working more than ½ of their hours between 4 pm and 8 am? (Meal periods do not count).NoFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department110410 - FoundationDepartmentFoundationJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The mission of the Office of College Advancement is to enhance, promote, and support the academic programs, research and extension efforts of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS). Within CALS Advancement are the NC Agricultural Foundation, Inc. and the NC Tobacco Foundation, Inc. non-profit, 501©3 organizations formed as a means of supporting agricultural research, extension, and teaching activities in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at North Carolina State University. . The CALS Advancement team works in close partnership with the central University Advancement Office and its partner colleges. In 2016, NC State launched the Think & Do the Extraordinary Campaign, the most ambitious fundraising effort in the history of the University with a $1.6 billion goal.Essential Job Duties
The Development Assistant will provide support to major gift officers/fundraisers in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Advancement Office, including, managing calendars and scheduling appointments; drafting and preparing correspondence; coordinating board meetings; making travel arrangements; overseeing projects; and providing day to day administrative support. This position serves as an integral member of the fundraising team. This position requires a balance between being able to follow instruction closely, with great attention to detail and taking initiative when there is an opportunity for efficiency gains or process improvement.Other Work/Responsibilities
The Administrative Support position will also be expected to develop detailed schedules, plans, reports and track key project milestones to meet the varying needs of the team. An expectation of this position is to also travel on campus and in the local area to complete time-sensitive tasks.Minimum Experience/Education
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of related office experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flows effectively.
- Ability to develop detailed schedules, plans, reports and track key project milestones.
- Perform duties in a professional, confidential and positive manner, and demonstrates integrity, and good judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and email/calendar system (preferable Google).
- Ability to work well with a diverse team.
- Great attention to detail.
- At least 3 years progressively responsible experience as an administrative assistant, with experience in a university setting.
- Understanding of the advancement/development profession.
- Experience with a donor database, like Advance or other prospect tracking software.
- Valid NC driver’s license or the ability to obtain within 60 days of start.
Applicant required documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Contact Information for ReferencesJob Open Date09/02/2020Must Be Open Until---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)09/09/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date10/01/2020Alternate Option
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Radio / Television Advertisement
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Administrative Support Specialist position.
- High school diploma/GED and at least one year of office support experience
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in any field
- Combination of post high school education and/or experience in office support to equal at least 1 year
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and office support experience to equal 5 years (ex. 1 year of high school and 4 years experience)
- None of the above
- * Do you have at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience as an administrative assistant, with experience in a university setting?
- * Please briefly describe your understanding and/or experience in the advancement/development profession.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with a donor database, such as Advance, or other prospect tracking software?
- * Do you have a valid NC Driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of your start date?
- Contact Information for References
- Cover Letter