UTS-Temporary Assistant Contracts & Grants Manager at NC State
Position DetailsVacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleUTS-Temporary Assistant Contracts & Grants Manager at NC StateSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$24 hrPosition Number48LP09Work ScheduleM-F, 8:00am-5:00pmFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Department480501 - HR University Temporary Services (UTS)Department Job City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
The Assistant Contracts and Grants Manager will be responsible:
- Initiating the pre-award process for ledger 5 (grants) accounts and ensuring funds are budgeted in accordance with the approved award
- Assisting faculty with preparation, review and coordination of the proposal submission process
- Serving as a liaison between PI and college, university, and/or agency during proposal submission process
- Assisting PIs and/or preparing proposal budget and budget justification
- Initiating PINS process
- Serving as the liaison with sponsor on budget preparation
- Completion of New-Award Checklist
- Initiating and obtaining agency and/or university approvals through the PMR system when preparing pre-award costs for PIs when requested
- Analyzing financial data to ensure an appropriate rate of expenditures and providing budget projections to the Contracts and Grants manager, faculty and/or College
- Assisting PIs on preparing PMRs (e.g., subcontract requests, re-budget, change in PI, etc.)
- Preparing complex budget reports, adjustments and corrections in assigned project budgets
- Reviewing expenses and financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, and other schedules as defined
- Demonstrating confidentiality and organization in record retention for internal control and audits for both sponsored and non-sponsored research accounts
- Initiating the closeout process
- Verifying the accuracy of expenditures; and if needed, processing the appropriate corrective actions
- Participating in and supporting special project initiatives as needed by performing general administrative and support functions.
-Maintaining a thorough knowledge of State and University accounting and purchasing policies and procedures.
-Accurately interpret and implement University regulations and budget restrictions. Understand and accurately interpret all Federal, State and University accounting/financial policies and procedures.
-Responding to inquiries from faculty, staff, students, visitors, and other individuals on campus, as requested by departmental managers. Extensive interactions with students, faculty and support staff both internally and campus wide. Work requires the exercise of considerable judgment to ensure that transactions are in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations.
Administrative tasks include copying, assisting in file management (to include but not limited to filing, archiving, etc.)
- Performing a variety of other duties as assigned (and as needed). Assist with providing office support and related administrative functions as needed.
- Assisting Contract & Grants Manager as needed on a variety of adhoc projects and tasks.
High School Diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.Departmental Required Skills
- Extensive financial knowledge with experience working in a large complex organization
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices including knowledge of budgetary planning, developing and control
- Interpret and apply complete Federal and State fiscal regulations to analyze and correct accounting and financial problems and errors; Initiate changes in the accounting system and procedures; Establish effective working relationships with business and program personnel
- Knowledgeable of sponsored research process and procedures, as well as experienced in pre-award and closeout process for sponsored research
- Understanding of audit requirements and a thorough knowledge of government accounting methods and procedures, financial practices, federal circulars, governmental accounting standards board (GASB), fund accounting, budgeting, and state and university policies and regulations.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials (or a similar system) including experience managing travel reimbursements.
- Knowledgeable of University research administration (Pre and Post-Award), Cost Accounting Standards, Budget Development and Federal, State and University policies and procedures is a plus.
-Experience with PINS, RADAR, NSF Fastlane and Grants.gov systems.
NASpecial InstructionsJob Open Date09/02/2020Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.09/22/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about University Temporary Services?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly describe your experience in contracts and grants management. <i>Include relevant experience preparing and processing proposals including generating budgets and justifications, pre and post-award management of fiscal activities, monitoring cost sharing and research effort, project reconciliations. </i>
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please briefly describe your level of experience in working with PeopleSoft systems such as Financials, HR, and Student Information Systems. <i>If no experience with PeopleSoft systems, simply enter "None" or "No Experience".</i>
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have financial/accounting experience within the university setting?
- Contact Information for References
- Cover Letter