HCM System Analyst
Posting DetailsVacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleHCM System AnalystSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeSalary commensurate with qualificationsPosition Number00061053Work ScheduleMonday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm with some flexibility; additional hours as neededFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department515001 - Enterprise Application SvcsDepartmentEnterprise Application ServicesJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
Enterprise Application Services (EAS), a unit in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), is responsible for the design, implementation, operation, enhancement & maintenance of the University’s enterprise business applications. This includes: development, operation, maintenance and support of all enterprise administrative systems (Advancement, Business Intelligence, Financials, HR, Identity Management, Imaging, Non-Credit Education, Portal, Research Administration and Student Information Systems, etc.), configuration management, database administration, maintenance, enhancements, and application integration.Essential Job Duties
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and maintain the University’s Enterprise HR Systems, including functionality for Workforce Administration, Base Benefits, Position Management, Time and Labor, Absence Management, North American Payroll, Additional Compensation, Job Action Requests, Onboarding, Distributions, Redistributions, Effort Reporting, Integration Hub, Kaba Workforce Management.
This position should be an expert in functional business process understanding or advanced technical solutions, using this expertise to implement advanced and highly complex software solutions with minimal supervision. Responsibilities of the position may include: change request evaluation; business requirement definition, functional and technical specification development; coding; system integration; unit, system and load test plan development and execution; code migration; production support; & system maintenance. As a team member, this position also provides senior level technical or functional guidance and support to the team and provides daily technical decision-making with broad and often institution-wide impacts that affect other systems, students, faculty and staff.Other Work/Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned. See attached PDQ for details.Minimum Education/Experience
Master’s degree; or Bachelor’s degree with zero – two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.Departmental Required Skills
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Strong analytical skills with methodical attention to detail.
- Expertise in both functional business process understanding and advanced technical solutions.
- Must demonstrate strong judgment, leadership, and diplomacy skills to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, campus representatives, customers, and management.
- Strong communication, collaboration and organizational skills are essential.
- Must demonstrate the capacity to understand the operations of the university, the unit and business processes.
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including but not limited to application analysis, development, testing, documentation, approval and post migration validation.
- Expertise in documenting requirements and creating precise specifications for modifications to meet the requirements.
- Expertise in testing methodologies and test script creation to ensure quality assurance.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently identify and solve technical problems that can impact a large number of customers.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
-Business systems analyst experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 is preferred. The ideal candidate has experience with Core HR including Position Management, ESS and MSS. Experience with Talent Management or Absence Management is also preferred. Experience with Core HR or Absence Management as part of another Enterprise Application system (SAP, Banner, etc) will also be considered.
-Understanding of and experience with Absence Management’s integration with Time and Labor is a bonus
-Experience or training in SQL
-Expertise in PeopleSoft HCM Application functionality and knowledge of the technical components and data structures of the application
-Advanced knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM module capabilities and configurationRequired License or Certification
n/aSpecial InstructionsJob Open Date09/04/2020Anticipated Closing DateOpen until filled.Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date11/01/2020AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with or training in SQL?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References