Research Scholar- CRISPRlab
Posting DetailsVacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleResearch Scholar- CRISPRlabSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Number00106562Work ScheduleMonday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (additional hours as needed)Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department111101 - Food,Bioprocess & Nutrition ScDepartmentFood,Bioprocess & Nutrition SciencesJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Department of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences (FBNS) is a team of scientists, researchers, and teachers committed to guiding the undergraduate and graduate education of students preparing for professional and technical careers in Food, Bioprocessing, and Nutrition Sciences.
As a department, FBNS identifies, develops, and applies the appropriate concepts, theories, and emerging methodologies from the fundamental disciplines of chemistry, engineering, microbiology, food and bioprocessing, nutrition, and sensory science, to the investigation of critical issues in food & biological systems, components, products, and processes. FBNS also interprets, adapts and extends research information to the North Carolina, national, and international food and bioprocessing industries to maintain and improve the safety, variety, and quality of food and biological products.Essential Job Duties
The CRISPRlab is expanding the scope of its activities and is seeking a highly-qualified Ph.D. expert in bacterial genome editing using CRISPR technologies to build collaborative efforts with new stakeholders and industry partners. We are seeking competitive individuals with expertise in microbial genomics and CRISPR genome editing to develop and manage industry projects focusing on commercial strain genome editing.
Nature and scope of the research:
- Independently develop and carry out bacterial genome editing (design experiments, perform research, interpret complex data)
- Serve as a co-investigator on externally-funded industry-sponsored projects
- Write corresponding reports, prepare presentations and draft manuscripts for publication
- Serve as a liaison, manage projects and assist in the supervision of staff and students assigned to these activities
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education/Experience
Ph.D. required with documented publication record on microbial genomics, CRISPR technologies and bacterial genome editing.Departmental Required Skills
Excellent written and oral communication skillsPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- At least two (2) years of experience in molecular microbiology, bioinformatics and genomics in general and
- Two (2) years of genome editing in lactic acid bacteria.
Please attach a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references.Job Open Date08/12/2020Anticipated Closing Date08/26/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/01/2020AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have or will you have, by date of hire, a Ph.D. in an applicable field?
- * Does your curriculum vitae or resume reflect documented publication record on microbial genomics, CRISPR technologies and bacterial genome editing?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References