Division Financial Manager
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Job TitleDivision Financial ManagerPosting NumberF003704Position StatusFull TimeAssignment Length This field only applies to FacultyGrant FundedNoCategoryAPTClass Code13Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience.LocationDistrict, Other - TCC Opportunity Center DepartmentDT Corp Solutions & Econ DevJob Summary
The Division Financial Manager is responsible for developing the operating budget, income and expense statements for projects, grants, programs, business units, and the division of Corporate Solutions and Economic Development (CSED) as a whole. This position is also responsible for preparing income and expense reports that will be presented to the College’s financial team. Overall, this position plays a vital role to the financial success of the CSED team as well as helps develop strategic plan and key business decisions of the division. This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President of CSED.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares and presents divisional quarterly income and expense reports plus analysis of results to the College’s financial team
• Participates in the development of division strategic plans and key business decisions, including providing financial and managerial support
• Develops and monitors metrics and measures for the division that accurately reflects the divisions financial effectiveness
• Maintains financial health and long-term sustainability of the division
• Establishes product+/-service models and gross profit margin goals; including monitors and reports results of each engagement against these strategies
• Participates in the review and oversight of the division contracts and grant agreements to determine budgets, profitability, and reporting requirements both internally and externally
• Responsible for the division’s general accounting practices and business processes for accounts receivables, including all income and expense transactions, hiring, and payments to contractors
• Supervises spending within the division for all sources of funds including grants, special allocations, and operating budgets
• Ensures that systems (such as online registrations event management, client and proposal management, and stand-alone financial packages) consistently provide reliable financial and statistical information and that information is used in financial reports
• Assists in predicting future financial trends of the division
• Develops strategies that mitigate financial risk versus reward
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Three (3) years of experience as a financial manager
• Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
• Proficient user of finance software
• Ability to interpret financial data to staff and recommend next steps of action
• Demonstrate ability to think strategically
• A strong attention to detail
• Strong team orientation
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions SummaryPosted09/08/2020ContactShannon Bryant*[email protected] DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience as a financial manager do you have?
- Less than 1 year experience
- 1 year experience
- 2 years experience
- 3 years experience
- 4 years experience
- 5 or more years experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)