Financial Aid Associate
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Job TitleFinancial Aid AssociatePosting NumberF003697Position StatusFull TimeAssignment Length This field only applies to FacultyGrant FundedNoCategoryClericalClass Code33Pay Rate$16.74LocationTrinity RiverDepartmentDT Financial AidJob Summary
Coordinates at least one financial aid program, including work-study, federal loans, verification and return of title IV funds. Assist students with applying for financial aid and understanding how to receive financial aid.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Types reports, business correspondence, application forms, shipping tickets, and other material
• Files financial aid records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers telephone, and performs similar duties
• Computes amounts, checks totals and manages various financial aid reports to assist the director with financial aid programs
• Inputs and retrieves financial aid information in Colleague system in connection with the responsibilities of the serving financial aid students
• Process student loan requests and complete verification processing for students selected for verification
• Provides office management duties for the director of financial aid
• Assists the department with its outreach and awareness efforts, including conducting financial aid presentations
• Interprets and follows prescribed procedures for the production of a large volume of work
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Two (2) years of successful office experience that involved serving customers
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university, or experience in a similar setting
• Experience working with computerized systems, including Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of higher education and College financial aid programs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions SummaryPosted09/08/2020ContactWilliam McMullen*[email protected] DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of administrative support / office experience that involved serving customers do you have?
- Less than 1 year of experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)