Executive Assistant I
Executive Assistant I
Posting #: 2683
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Office of the Registrar, Staff
Position Title & Department:Executive Assistant I; RegistrarPosting #
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar, Degree Audits & Compliance, the Executive Assistant I (EA) is responsible for processing transfer petitions for continuing students. EA has a thorough understanding of post-secondary level academic policies and procedures, as it relates to degree and program requirements, grading policies, withdrawals, petitions, and transfer credit processes. During commencement season, EA functions as a part of the Registrar’s commencement team and will be responsible for ceremony-related activities. EA maintains departmental website using Cascade. EA functions as a member of the Registrar’s team and provides backup coverage for phones, walk-ins and other duties when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Degree Audit Reporting System and Transfer Credit
- Process approved transfer credit into Banner for continuing students, including student athletes.
- Responsible for processing transfer petitions, substitution waivers, and waiver of residency through workflow.
- Responsible for responding to email inquiries related to transfer credit, substitution waiver and waiver of residency.
- Create transfer articulation tables in Banner per approved transfer petitions.
- Encode approved exceptions into degree audit reporting system.
- Make recommendations to Assistant Registrar, Degree Audits & Compliance, by collecting, evaluating, and interpreting data related to degree requirements.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar, Degree Audits & Compliance, make adjustments to student degree audits.
- Image and index evaluated transcripts and e-file them to Xtender.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Registrar, Degree Audits & Compliance and Registrar.
- Commencement Operations
- Aid Assistant Registrar, Degree Audits & Compliance during grad fest events by manning degree audits table and providing degree requirement information to students.
- Based on results of degree reviewing process by Registrar, communicate with students to obtain missing documents (transcripts, proof of registration, transfer petition, waiver of residency, and substitution waiver).
- EA prepares diploma inserts, orders diploma covers and wraps diploma boxes for distribution at the various ceremonies.
- Other duties include ensuring the accuracy of diploma cover count for undergraduate ceremonies.
- Assist Assistant Registrar, Degree Audits & Compliance on updating audits in degree audit reporting system for graduating seniors, and clearing for commencement using Banner. Registrar’s Office Operations
- Maintain and update all information on Registrar’s website through Cascade.
- Process approved Independent Study form
- Supervise and provide work direction to 1-2 part-time student assistants.
- Updates change of name, address
- Function as a member of the University Registrar’s team; provide backup coverage for phones, walk-ins and other duties when needed.
- Minimum of high school diploma required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an office environment is required.
- General working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- College Degree preferred
- Registrar’s Office experience at the college-level is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of Degree Works by Ellucian or similar degree audit reporting system is preferred.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with faculty, administrators, staff, students and partner institutions. Ability to work with people at all levels.
- Basic knowledge of how student Grade Point Averages are calculated.
- Demonstrated experience in a team-centered working environment is preferred.
Tools & Equipment Used:
1. PC computer, fax, copy machine, printers, scanners, phones, and general office equipment.
2. Degree Works, u.Achieve, Banner (student information system), Microsoft Office suite, Sales Force, Xtender imaging, and Cascade.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
$18.44 - $20.50/hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions: Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected] Additional Details:
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: September 08, 2020 Pacific Daylight Time