Athletic Trainer Fellow (Temporary)
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-09-04
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The position will provide for the care and prevention of athletic injuries, rehabilitation of injuries, management and care of injuries under the guidance and supervision of an assistant/associate staff athletic trainer. Assist in the organization and administration of health care services, provide for the education & counseling of athletes and students to all sports assigned. This under the written protocol and supervised by the Team Physician as directed by the State of Florida Athletic Trainers Act.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support assistant/associate athletic trainers with arranging pre-season physicals for your assigned sport(s) and have all athlete files in proper order.
- On-site and off-site coverage of all practices and games including travel as applicable.
- Recognition and evaluation of injuries, injury management – treatment, injury prevention rehabilitation, organization and administration, education and counseling of all athlete on your assigned teams.
- Maintain a daily injury report. Communicate the report with the assistant/associate athletic trainers, head coach strength & conditioning, and head coach every day. Provide the Head Athletic with a copy of this report. An injury as defined as a condition that limits the athlete in any way and has been written up on the injury report form.
- Assist with other administrative duties as requested by the assistant/associate athletic trainer(s).
All Duties described below are supervised by the Team Physician as developed in a written protocol as dictated by the State of Florida Athletic Trainers Act.20% Recognition and Evaluation of injuries and illness20% Injury Management / Treatment and Disposition20% Rehabilitation of Athletic Injuries20% Prevention of Athletic Injuries20% Organization and Administration of Health Care ServicesMinimum qualificationsBachelor’s degree required. Must be BOC Certified. Must be eligible for Florida Licensure as an Athletic Trainer under the written protocol and supervised by the Team Physician as directed by the State of Florida Athletic Trainers Act.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:52