Teacher (Linda Ray Intervention Center)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-02
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Psychology, within the College of Arts & Sciences, is seeking a full-time Teacher for the Linda Ray Intervention Center, working with young children, ages infant-two years, with special needs. A Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, special education, elementary education or related field and one year experience required. Florida Teacher Certification (or certification eligible) required. Successful candidates will have previous work experience with infants and toddlers in a structured education, public school or health delivery program. Candidates should also have experience with remote learning, as needed, pursuant to the impact of COVID-19 on physical school re-openings during the school year.
This position is located on the Miller School of Medicine campus.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, special education, elementary education or related field.
- Florida Teacher Certification (or certification eligible) required.
- Minimum 1 year experience.
- Experience using remote learning technology tools is preferred
- Implement initial and ongoing evaluation/assessment/education program plan for each child assigned to the teacher.
- Provide immediate monitoring of health and safety of children enrolled.
- Provide interdisciplinary referrals and follow-up for each child.
- Supervise and train classroom assistant(s).
- Provide custody and care of assigned classroom equipment and materials.
- Participate in in-service training and parent training activities and attend staff meetings as required.
- Monitor activities reports and documentation to maintain compliance with Miami-Dade County Public Schools standards and contract requirements.
Note: The physical requirements of this position include sitting on the floor with children, lifting and carrying toddlers, and prolonged standing.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102