Part-Time Research Support Coordinator (Psychology)
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-09-02
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Psychology, within the College of Arts & Sciences, is seeking a part-time Research Support Coordinator. This position, reporting to Drs. Jill Ehrenreich-May and Amanda Jensen-Doss, will support an National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH)-funded research study examining the effectiveness of two evidence-based interventions for adolescent anxiety and depression in community mental health clinics. Responsibilities will primarily center on recruiting adolescents with anxiety and depression for the trial, screening them for study eligibility, and project coordination tasks. Other responsibilities may include administering assessments, managing undergraduate research assistants, overseeing of IRB submissions and updates, and assisting with grant applications and publication preparation. This part-time position will average 24 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or other relevant field.
- Two years of relevant work experience.
- Organizes, hosts and participates in community education outreach activities to recruit study participants ensuring high participation rates, and serves as the primary contact person for referral sites.
- Meets with study participants to explain the purpose of the study and study procedures and to obtain informed consent.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of IRB documents, administers clinical interviews and measures, coordinates all assessment and patient contact activity, and tracks participants through all stages of the research program.
- Ensures that the data collection aspects of the protocol are implemented in a rigorous fashion, interacts with statistical analysts as needed to facilitate data analyses and study-related reports, and supervises the implementation of data quality assurance procedures.
- Carefully handles petty cash for study activities, organizes data forms and assists in manuscript, report, and grant proposal preparation.
- Screen, interview, assess, and evaluate participants for study eligibility.
- Coordinating recruitment and follow-up of study participants with the research team.
- Administer questionnaires, and other prescribed assessments per protocol as assigned
- Responsible for all aspects of data entry, data quality assurance, reports, and tracking of data completion
- Maintain a secure, accurate, well-organized, and up-to-date electronic database of screening, enrollments and study visits
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining stock of necessary supplies for the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r3