Sr. Customer Service Representative, FT, Clinical Access, Lennar
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-01
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Clinical Access at Lennar is actively seeking a Sr. Customer Service Representative. The Sr. Customer Service Representative will provide general information about services, prevention and management to the general public, patients and health professionals via the telephone and in person. Provides support to departments for personnel paging services, information purposes, inquires and problem resolutions. Provides support to the Marketing and confirming participants in community service activities.
- Provide general information about services at UM/Sylvester, and prevention and management to the general public, patients and health professionals via the telephone and in person.
- Provide support to UM/Sylvester Patient Relations and other UM/Sylvester departments for information purposes, inquires and problem resolutions.
- Provide support to the Marketing Department for special service campaigns. Enrolling and confirming participants in community service activities.
- Provide liaison assistance, advocating patient rights to assure and facilitate the ease of patient flow throughout the medical process. Identify breakdowns in service, monitor issues of concerns for trends. Provide complimentary parking validations and meal tickets, when breakdowns in service occur.
- Provide a timely response to internet inquiries.
- Provide efficient and accurate responses to general requests. Upon request provide the TYY Telephone for the Hearing Impaired to department, divisions throughout the hospital.
- Maintain knowledge of medical professionals based on department, division and areas of special interest and affiliations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of general requirements for special programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of clinical trial referral resources.
- Maintain a clear and concise understanding of job requirements. Adhere to assigned work schedule, dress code, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update resource manual with general information sources. Maintain a working knowledge of medical specialties, and diagnoses to ensure that the appropriate information is provided.
- Assure ease of patient flow through medical care process. Respond to inquires in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
- Communicate in a professional, clear, concise, well-modulated and empathetic manner with individuals requesting information whether by telephone, mail, or in person. Providing escort assistance and directions to patients, visitors, faculty and staff at UMHC throughout UM/Sylvester.
- Maintain direct communication with manager or designee, co-workers and customers. Understands and accepts directives from the manager of designee as it relates to and regarding job knowledge, expected performance and changes in job duties, Maintains a clear understanding of guidelines and Policies and Procedures.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, and efforts or working conditions
associated with a job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bilingual (preferred)
- High School Diploma.
- Three (3) years relevant experience in a medical office or hospital preferred or proven performance.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102