Financial Admin Coord, Int, Printing Services and University Marketing
Job Title: Financial Admin Coord, Int, Printing Services and University Marketing
Location: Printing Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605059
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
***This position is open to current regular, benefit-eligible NAU employees ONLY. (Temporary employees, student workers, variable-hour benefit-eligible employees, and other non-regular employees are not eligible to apply).***
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
Furlough/Pay Reduction Program
Northern Arizona University has implemented a salary reduction with personal flex time program in fiscal year 2021, as a result of COVID-19. It is possible for this position to be subject to this program. Details can be found on the HR website.
Northern Arizona University seeks an experienced and dynamic accounting professional to serve as the Financial Administration Coordinator, Intermediate for the Printing Services and University Marketing departments. Reporting directly to the Fiscal Operations Manager this position applies generally accepted accounting principles and procedures in working with specialized accounting records and reports. Assembles and analyzes data and transactions; and prepares statements and reports relating to assigned area of responsibility.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Coordinates purchasing-related activities to ensure proper prioritization, sequencing, and timing.
- Prepares financial transactions and associated documentation.
- Reviews transactions and provides approvals to ensure compliance with policy and processes.
- Approves and reconciles accounts to confirm appropriate and accurate recording of transactions.
- Trains internal employees on financial procedures.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for NAU faculty and staff seeking day-to-day-financial administration support.
- Provides policy guidance and clarification to NAU faculty and staff, including service team members.
- Answers finance-related questions and escalates issues to the Manager, Financial Administration when appropriate.
- Leads Financial Administration Specialists by coordinating and assigning work.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 2-4 years of accounting experience.
- Accounting experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of principles, practices, and functions of effective financial management.Working knowledge of applicable financial policies and regulations.Understanding of appropriate and allowable costs related to various funding sources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Skill in writing detailed numerical computations and reports.
- Skill in computerized accounting systems and applications.
- Understands business needs of service recipient organization.Interprets financial reports and statements to identify trends or issues.Exercises judgment in gray areas.Communicates effectively.Actively listens.Analyzes complex situations. Coaches and mentors others.Manages relationships and service recipient interactions.Balances competing priorities and set priorities for others.Works with highly confidential and/or sensitive information.Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.