Pharmacy Systems Analyst
Under the general direction of the Manager or designee, the Pharmacy System Analyst will develop data analyses for assigned projects and develop/deliver all related reports. This position will provide information to leadership regarding pharmacy claims, rebates, and opportunities to enhance analyses, system integration and related databases. The Pharmacy System Analyst will utilize subject matter expertise as well as exceptional analytic skills to deliver analytic products that meet or exceed client expectations.Responsibilities
- Develop analyses and produce reports using a variety of healthcare related data which support the development, implementation and monitoring of programs/projects.
- Mine data & build large datasets from data sources (e.g. claims and encounter data) to support analyses through use of efficient SAS/SQL code which will produce answers to complex business questions.
- Create complex qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques utilizing software packages such as SAS, SQL
- Create testing measurements and/or algorithms to test and analyze large amounts of data.
- Design and implement data management and quality control procedures, including writing technical requirements and documentation of data sets.
- Provide interpretation of data to key stakeholders and leadership; including identifying and reporting data patterns identifying abnormalities and presenting analyses of key metrics/
- Responsible for database development, maintain data integrity and accuracy/quality of reporting
- Plan, coordinate, and review activities related to data collection which creates analysis to meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a computer science, application development or a related field/equivalent.
- 5 – 7 years of related experience
- Knowledge and use of data mining software tools such as SAS, SQL, Business Objects, Cognos or similar.
- Advanced SAS/SQL programming skills.
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience/skills in appropriate computer, statistical or database applications.
- Familiarity with pharmacy coding systems (i.e., NDCs)
- Excellent attention to detail and time management/organization skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals.
- Master’s degree
- At least two years of healthcare data analysis experience
- Knowledge of the State Medicaid system or other large state bureaucracy