Pharmacy Operations Supervisor
The Pharmacy Operations Supervisor provides supervisory and management support to program operations within Clinical Pharmacy Services. The Pharmacy Operations Supervisor will be responsible for the orientation, training and direct supervision of the Pharmacy Associate Team. This position will work with Management to assist in the coordination of departmental client initiatives, workflow process improvement, performance monitoring and client contract deliverables.Responsibilities
- Manages the pharmacy associate staff to effectively accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversees day-to-day operations tasks, including but not limited to resource allocation, work volume distribution, and project management.
- Monitors work volume to ensure staffing levels are adequate and appropriate efficiencies are maintained.
- Provides direct supervision to the pharmacy associate staff, including leading all recruitment, hiring, performance management, and termination of team members.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of all associate staff to ensure accuracy in meeting client and department obligations
- Supervises pharmacy associate staff to ensure projects and other deliverables are achieved in a timely and high quality manner, in collaboration with other departmental staff and resources.
- Ensures timely and high quality orientation and training of new pharmacy associate team members and training of existing team members on new procedures.
- Oversees pharmacy associate staff's interface with information systems/technology functions including both internally and externally owned databases.
- Works closely with Pharmacy Operations Manager to promote adherence to sound operational practice.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and demonstrates the use of quality improvement initiatives within the Program.
- Lead small projects or subcomponents of larger, more complex projects.
- Participates in program development project teams.
- Works with the Management Team to establish efficient office procedures and policies.
- Compile and analyze data, produce project reports, maintain project plans and schedule meetings.
- Provides input on new policies and procedures, services and programs and assists with their implementation.
- Interfaces with Human Resources Department on personnel related issues as needed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all business documents and correspondence.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Comply with established departmental policies procedures and objectives.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or as directed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Certified Pharmacy Technician CPhT
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE5 – 7 years of related experience 1-2 years supervisory or leadership experience Strong inter-personal and/or supervisory skills Strong oral and written presentation skills Strong analytic skills and proven competence in independent problem solving Strong computer skills including strong knowledge of spreadsheet software and/or other system applications Exercises professional behavior and discretion Ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the departmentAdditional Information