Project Management Consultant
The Project Management Consultant provides professional assistance, project management, recommendations on business need and performs operational management work covering a broad range of activities. This position is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques. The position is also responsible for providing project coordination across multiple businesses units, analytical assessment of business problems, monitoring organizational performance, and identification of risk to operational plans. Develops various ad hoc reports and status updates to support initiatives.Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of organizational objectives and short- and long-term goals.
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analysis.
- Translates concepts into practice.
- Utilizes proven methodologies in project and change management to support corporate leadership initiatives.
- Partners with departmental leadership and staff to identify/define performance planning/measures, tracking and reporting objectives.
- Leads and guides functional and segment teams through project implementation with competing agendas and priorities.
- Collaborate cross departmentally to manage risk forecasting/mitigation, project progress and issue resolution efforts.
- Liaison between internal and external teams to help steer work stream communications to ensure response integrity.
- Maintains project and process knowledge bank to support best practice identification and implementation.
- Develops performance, project status, meeting correspondence and ad hoc reports for consumption by various levels of management.
- Acts as a resource to others with less experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Public Health, or related field; or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of progressive business experience in Project Management or Lean Six Sigma.
- Ability to interact effectively with different business departments, team members, and external clients at all levels.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results.
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to travel.
This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement and subject to UMMS Flexible Work Options Policies.