Project Coordinator Student Affairs
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Project Coordinator provides analysis and support for projects, administrative, and general operations. Responsible for independent action on multiple projects as assigned. Tasks vary according to the priorities of the department.Responsibilities
- Management of advancement and promotion tracking and processing enrollment status for all students in SOM across all 4 years, change of status when students advance or decelerate; ensuring that all students meet enrollment requirements for advancement to next semester/next year, and to graduation; MD/PHD tracking (exit and return; coordination of change of status).
- Team lead for IT special projects as relates to advancement and promotion – this requires coordination of projects across teams, initiating communications and resolution discussions when issues arise, and following through on action items identified
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) primary editor and project manager including coordinating the annual process of reviewing standards and modifications of the MSPE, recompiling and editing all narratives and text submissions and ensuring that all content of MSPEs is accurate and aligned with student enrollment (FCEs, OEEs, etc); distributing MSPE drafts to students for review, collecting edits and making all changes/modifications, and ensuring accuracy and completion
- AOA and Final Word process oversight – arranging the meeting of the selection committees, preparing all reports and collating academic records for the meetings, tracking the outcomes, posting and communicating outcomes of these awards/meetings
- NRMP Match and SOAP team lead including all aspects of Match logistics for the graduating class in the School of Medicine, including assigning students accounts in the ERAS electronic system, ensuring that all MSPEs are uploaded accurately, troubleshooting issues as they arise, registration in the NRMP match R3 system, certifying students for the Match and ensuring that all students are properly registered; downloading all match results and communicating same to team; coordinating with IREA on the statistical analysis of Match results; collaborating to prepare all reports for the Match and ensuring that data is stored and logged properly
- Academic Advisement process, project development (reports, processing, development, dissemination; lead for new projects)
- Coordinates activities of the Basic Science Academic Evaluation Board (BSAEB) – Arranges the meetings of the academic evaluation board, prepares the agenda, prepares all academic reports for presentation, arranges for the meeting logistics, prepares the minutes after the meeting and distributes to the learning communities mentors
- Student schedule coordination; CCE and AS schedule changes oversight, electives, core rotations and communication with team and with all course/clerkship/elective coordinators regarding updates and changes; this includes schedule monitoring and maintenance for 350 students across years 3 and 4. Ensures that students are fully enrolled, making progress and that the academic record is accurate. Helps with changes as needed, modifying elective assignments in year 4 as they are made (which can be hundreds of changes each year).
- Organize and plan work activities of the Department for review with appropriate senior staff
- Implement and manage tasks in accordance with departmental objectives
- Participate as a member of project teams
- Assist senior staff with project development activities: compiling data, drafting reports, and assisting with special projects
- Maintain project plans and produce related project reports
- Compile and analyze data, and draft project reports for review by senior staff
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel including staff, department heads and external parties
- Update the Director or designee on project details and changes in a timely manner
- Review pertinent correspondence, communications and other background materials on a daily basis to remain current on project and operation details
- Draft routine correspondence, meeting minutes, management reports for the Director or designee and department staff
- Prepare multi-media presentations and reports utilizing a variety of software applications including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Develop and maintain time schedules for department staff, project events and office activities
- Maintain project files and support materials
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 year of experience coordinating and planning projects
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with clients and staff
- Demonstrated experience in using computer-based tools including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet and database products.