Position DetailsReq ID: req8452 Position Title: Network Engineer Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: 530008 OSU Campus: Center for Health Sciences - Tulsa Department: Information Technology Location Address:
1111 W 17th St
Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate Work Schedule: Work occasional long and/or irregular hours and will be part of an on call rotation Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: The IT network engineer will be responsible for administrating,configuring, planning, designing, documenting, updating, troubleshooting,performing other duties as assigned, and maintaining the network while implementingand/or maintaining monitoring software such as bandwidth and alert monitoring.
Network Engineer will be very organized with astrong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. Thisposition will also be responsible for the implementation, administration, installation,removal, and troubleshooting of network devices including WAPs, firewalls,routers, switches, and controllers.
Work occasional long and/or irregular hours and will be part of an on call rotation.
May require occasional travel.
Possible exposure to hazardous material, hot and cold, blood borne pathogens.
Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs, able toperform work in very tight places, able to climb ladders and work overhead,stoop, reach, stand, walk, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, and performrepetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodations.
(Ifyou are viewing this job posting outside of the actual OSU job applicationwebsite, please go to jobs.okstate.edu to apply and submit a resume.)
Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience Position Qualifications: Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Five (5) or more years of Cisco networking experience
- Must have a high level of personal integrity and ethical standards
- Must be dependable and deliver on commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Broad background of working with routers, switches, and firewalls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MSIS, or relatedfield
- Experience with Cisco chassis and switches
- Experience with BGP, EIGRP, and MPLS routing protocols
- Experience in configuration and support of QoS
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager
- Experience with Meraki APs
- Experience with CheckPoint, Palo Alto, or Firepower
- Knowledge and understanding of network design/architecture and implementation
- A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit http://eeo.okstate.edu.
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.