Radiology Tutor (PT)
Position Title: Radiology Tutor (PT)
Salary: $13.40 per hour
- An Associate Degree in Radiologic Technology
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Fluency in the subject matter relevant to students’ need
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and any software requisite to area of study
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in college teaching or tutoring is preferred
The Learning Commons is seeking a reliable part-timeprofessional tutor to provide academic support for students in the Radiologic Technology program in a clinical setting.
Tutors help students build confidence and improveacademic performance through holistic support, active learning strategies,study skills development, facilitated group study, and individualizedinstruction.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated learner who is comfortableworking with students with a range of academic skills and from a variety ofbackgrounds. In addition, the candidate should be fluent in the discipline.
- Use probing questions and supported inquiry to help students answer their own question.
- Engage students in active learning practices.
- Discuss course material to strengthen understanding and help students address knowledge gaps.
- Assist students to develop effective study strategies.
- Provide encouragement and motivation to support student retention and completion.
- Maintain accurate records and monitor sign-in stations.
- Refer students to instructors and specialized services such as counseling and advisement as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of the Learning Commons.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 9/17/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.