Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is an integral part of National Aviation Academy. In this role, the CFO will accept primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and operation of all financial activities of the company.
The following job duties are essential in this position. The CFO will ensure consistency with the company mission and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines. The CFO is responsible for supporting the President and all finance-related needs of the business to include, but not limited to, accounting, finance, forecasting and projections, property management, private and institutional financing, etc.
Finance & Accounting:
- Provide leadership and guidance for the development of continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of all reports (daily/monthly), forecasts/projections and financial trends
- Manage processes for financial forecasting and provide timely and accurate revenue projections
- Review and analyze all financial expenditures, reporting and forecasting
- Provide advisement on the financial implications of business operations, to include current and proposed future changes or strategies
- Accountable for effective and efficient internal controls for all financial related processes
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Responsible for all financial and accounting affairs of the company be conducted in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations as prescribed by USDOE, FL CIE, COE, MA DPL, ACCSC, VA, accounting standards for GAAP and GAGAS, and others.
- Has a complete understanding of all laws, rules and regulations relative to the eligibility, receipt and disbursement, administration and auditing of Title IV, including Veterans Administration rules and regulations.
- Ensure that Title IV and VA transactions are compliant with eligibility and financial aid guidelines and regulations
- Has knowledge of all financial responsibility requirements of the USDOE, Title IV and VA
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas of responsibility are provided guidance and prepared for audits by various regulatory authorities
- Review and analyze Title IV, VA, bank, payroll and various other reconciliations. Works closely with financial aid to ensure accurate and timely Title IV and Veterans Administration reconciliations
- Responsible for monitoring of fiscal year budget and provide P&L forecasts. Any adjustments to the budget must be approved by the President. Develop a multi-year Capital Budget.
- Ensure all funds of the company are received in a timely manner, properly documented and accounted for, by oversight of current process and review of collection procedures.
- Review and approve invoices for payment and seek cost saving measures during the review of expenditures
- Safeguard company assets and ascertain values are fairly stated
- Review, approve and execute contracts/agreements as requested by the President
- Review and approve annual insurance renewals
- Prepare audit schedules as needed, ensure timely completion of annual audit
- Lead a team of seven staff.
- Assist in continual department development and deployment of new and inventive ideas to continue the growth and success of the business office and accounting/finance area of the business
- Formulate policies and procedures as necessary to enhance efficiencies and compliance
- Provide insight, leadership and support to all company areas as requested
- Acknowledge priorities as required by the CEO and/or the President and comply in timely manner
- Maintain appropriate security of all company files as appropriate to prevent disaster
Personal Responsibilities & Attributes:
- Must be of the highest moral and ethical standards and never compromise the reputation and integrity of the organization.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service at all times
- Consistently prove and lead by example that customer satisfaction is our highest goal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Maintain pleasant, professional, and teamwork-oriented attitude and appearance.
- Ability to problem-solve, demonstrate innovative thinking, and development and implementation of processes to keep the company moving forward and evolving
- Consistently prove initiative, enthusiasm, and efficiency
- Demonstrate confidence and professional presentation skills
- Demonstrate and report effective time management
- Detail–orientated, positive attitude and desire to innovate
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage work load and meet project deadlines
- Comfortable working with teams, other departments and managing projects that include members from all levels of an organization (including senior executives)
- Data-Analytical processing skills
- Ability to interpret relevant data
- Demonstrate punctuality and dependability
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Minimal travel
- Willingness to “roll-up your sleeves” and do “what it takes” to get the job done
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 10 years experience in finance and prior CFO experience is required. Master’s Degree in Finance preferred
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Suite/Office 365, including but not limited to: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Prior work experience at an institute of higher learning in a proprietary school setting is highly desirable