Professional Research Assistant
Universityof Colorado – School of Medicine
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.Introduction
The positionsupports the study investigators and the rehabilitation clinical trials whichfocus on improving rehabilitation outcomes for older adult populations,including people with chronic disability, complex medical conditions, lowerlimb amputation, and/or total joint replacement.Duties and Responsibilities
The PRA willrecruit participants, schedule testing sessions, assist with participanttesting, coordinate study protocol changes with study IRB coordinator, managedata collection and participant payment process, compile data for inclusion inpublications and reports, order supplies, prepare safety officer reports andassist with general study management.Study Management Role (approx. 30%)
- Assistthe study investigator with managing the day-to-day activities of the clinicalstudies including data collection and research records maintenance. He/she will maintain local site documentationand records for the study investigator and create and maintain appropriatetracking and filing systems for the study.
- Completeand maintain all study-related records for each participant including consentforms, source document worksheets within the overall data managementsystem. Develop appropriate processes formaintaining and updating study records and files as needed to comply with theresearch protocol. Independently respondto general inquiries from study participants, staff, regulatory agencies, anddivisions. Independently draftcorrespondence and communications including memos, emails and reports asrequested by the study investigator.
- Assistwith scheduling meetings, including arranging for space, notifyingparticipants, preparing agendas, and meeting minutes and following up on allcommitments to ensure that necessary arrangements have been made. Prepare documents for the study investigatorincluding those of a confidential and/or technical nature.
- Secure,assemble, and summarize information from files, documents in the office, orother available sources for use by the staff. Organize the information, develop reports, andhighlight the most important portions for the staff. Inputs data into a variety of electronicdatabases which might include Microsoft Outlook, Excel, WORD, PowerPoint,Access, REDCap and other databases. The PRA is expected to extract data toprepare reports, sort and summarize data elements, manipulate the data by performingstatistical queries that are pre-programmed or are built within lab software.
Study Recruitment and EnrollmentRole (approx. 50%)The PRA will:
- Regularlyand thoroughly, review census data from multiple sites and make a timely,independent assessment about patients’ appropriateness for participation invarious studies. Once participant is identified as a qualified candidate, call ontelephone and communicate pertinent information and answer questions related toparticipation in research studies. Perform health assessments & consent patientsover the telephone. Communicate timely & effectively with partner sites tomaintain critical relationships.
- Coordinateall local site activities related to coordination of enrollment. Schedule participantvisits, including structured interviews and health assessments. Prepare andmaintain all program documentation related to enrollment, per protocol. Independently handle the enrollment process,relying on study investigator only to consent patients and for uniquesituations. Interact directly with research participants, serving as theirfirst point of contact for questions and inquiries related to the study.
- Manageimplementation, control, and reporting on participant research tests. Assistthe research team with test performance as needed in person or via telehealthprocesses. Maintain records and prepare project administrative and statisticalreports as needed. Draft and maintain all documentation required for the outcomemeasurement for studies.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- BAor BS degree in rehabilitation, biology, anatomy or other related field
- 1year of experience with research compliance (e.g. IRB approval andclinicaltrials.gov requirements) or related experience
Applicants mustmeet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Experiencewith database management applications (e.g. REDcap)
- Projectmanagement experience
- Experiencewith human subject research compliance
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, andAbilities
- Mustenjoy and be effective talking on the telephone & interacting in-personwith elderly population to assess participant interest, schedule testingsessions, and perform any follow-up study coordination necessary.
- Attentionto detail & ability to develop detailed processes
- Initiativeto develop and modify recruitment strategies and workflows
- Excellentwritten and oral communication skills
- Excellentorganizational skills
- Proficiencywith Microsoft Office software
- Abilityto work independently and make reasoned decisions
- Mustbe team-oriented, flexible and self-motivated
- Abilityto coordinate and supervise students and staff
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 2, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing