Business Services Program Director
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
Business Services Program Director – Division Administrative Director
Position #00002056 – Requisition #19143
All financial management activities are under the overall direction of the Director of Finance & Administration who has overall responsibility for divisional and departmental funds, serves as the Fund Administrator and overall approving official. Within these parameters, the Division Administrative Director:
- Manages all funds of the Division including State, gift and endowment funds, grants and contracts funds and clinical funds. Also manages the financial aspects of operations and staffing, faculty recruitment, investment analysis and other short and long term planning functions. Volume of money management is anticipated to be in the area of $2.6 million plus in physician revenues for current hospital based clinical revenue ($10.8 million in patient charges), and significant other funds in research grants, contracts, gifts and other endowments. There is a new office practice with a scheduled opening of November 1, 2020 that has projected revenue of $3.6 to $4.8 million annually over the next 3 years.
- Manages faculty practice plan and clinical revenues for the Division, including multi-disciplinary revenues and surgical volumes.
- Prepares budgets, controls and monitors revenue and expenditure activity for each source of funds. Budgeting financial management occurs in multiple fiscal systems including the state, CU Medicine and multiple hospitals and other entities, including VAMC, University of Colorado Hospital (UCH), Highlands Ranch Hospital (HRH) and others
- Utilizes standard University and department systems for accounting, data processing and other computer systems as necessary for financial management and statistical reporting
- Prepares faculty salary data and sources of funds for annual salary recommendation process and responds to requests from the Director of Finance & Administration for fiscal budgetary information
- Monitors physician services billing and collection activity where appropriate, and coordinates all related activity with the Revenue Cycle Manager for Surgery
- Administers the flow of administrative, financial and workload statistical data and reporting for the division
- Administers pertinent State, University, AMC & CU Medicine fiscal policies, rules and procedures, and applicable State and Federal laws and standards applying to business management (personnel, accounting, auditing, etc.)
- Administers pertinent practice plan or CU Medicine complex federal and other regulations governing physician practices, patient care and billing and collection (as well as personnel, accounting, auditing, etc.)
- Coordinates fiscal policies related to faculty needs and practice site locations including policies and rules for VAMC, UCH and others
- Monitors educational programs (e.g. residency, fellowship, CME) with respect to administration and resource management.
- Represents the division on task forces and committees as requested by the Director of Finance & Administration and the Division Head
- Attends divisional meetings, faculty meetings, chief’s meetings, department manager meetings, and may be the coordinator of divisional faculty and staff or other meetings
- Coordinates the appointment, re-appointment, promotion and tenure activities for faculty in the Division including MD/DO faculty, and Advanced Practice Providers in the Ambulatory, Inpatient, and ICU setting.
- Monitors educational programs (housestaff, CME, medical student, other) with respect to administration and resource management
- Coordinates all appointment, re-appointment, promotion, and tenure activities for all affiliate faculty.
- Prepares reports for the Department or others as requested to satisfy needs such as ACGME studies, program reviews, retreats, audits or other
- Coordinates personnel matters for the Division, including position establishment, recruitment, affirmative action, hiring and supervision of staff, performance planning and appraisal, and termination processes. Performs these functions for divisional faculty, housestaff and trainees, fellows, nursing staff, ultrasound technicians, state classified or exempt professional staff, student workers, and CU Medicine staff
- Processes a variety of personnel forms in multiple personnel systems and conducts required processes in PeopleSoft or other systems. Maintains appropriate personnel records (e.g. vacation, sick leave, grievances, audits). Monitors the performance evaluation activities for all support staff to include implementation and maintenance of the performance planning/appraisal program
- Facilitates and promotes staff development and training classes, and provides orientation to faculty and staff as needed
- Coordinates divisional purchasing activities, including delegation of purchasing responsibilities and adherence to purchasing policy, acquisition of capital equipment items and major capital building/renovation, and negotiation of leases. Maintains familiarity and skill level for multiple procurement systems, including state, UPI, and relevant hospitals. Also management of the office based practice supplies, interventional and diagnostic imaging needs and procedural supply procurement will be critical.
- Oversees Division facilities, both on and off campus, to ensure efficiency of operations. Participates in construction and/or remodeling activities and space and equipment inventory to assist in the long range planning of facilities. May be responsible for space acquisition, leases or other contractual arrangements for clinical or research space needs
- Fosters and promotes financial growth and health of the Division through the development of new and expanded funding sources and opportunities. Actively seeks business opportunities for faculty clinical practices, develops ventures and collaborations, engages in real estate leases, prepares agreements and contracts, seeks legal review, and performs other tasks essential to clinical business entrepreneurship and development
- Coordinates multi-disciplinary program development with Department and University of Colorado Hospital administration for creation and implementation of programs, including Advanced Practice Provider recruitment, development of marketing and outreach, establishment of programs in the Ambulatory setting, and analysis of clinical and surgical volumes, charges, revenue, and financial data.
- Prepares business plans for new programs, contracts, joint ventures, physician networks
- Serves as Public Relations liaison for constituents. Coordinates conferences, CME events, public relations events and etc.
- Represents the Division to visitors, clients, media and the public. Participates and serves on committees as requested.
- Ensures funds are appropriately managed and invested through mechanisms of the state or UPI
- Facilitates fundraising objectives through coordination of fundraising events
- Participates in planning activities for the Division, including long range and short range planning. Shares responsibility for projection of programs, patient/client census, revenues and expenses, personnel needs and facilities needs.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business/public/health administration, accounting, finance or closely related.
- Three (3) years of experience in a manager/leadership role in an academic, healthcare, or closely related environment.
- Experience in leading an organization in operational and strategic capacity
- Three (3) years of experience in managing multiple staff including hiring and evaluations of staff.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in business/public/health administration, accounting, finance or closely related.
- Experience managing all aspects of a complex organization, including (but not limited to) operations, finance and Human Resources
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 2, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing