Senior Professional Research Assistant
Universityof Colorado – School of MedicineSenior Professional Research Assistant
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, one of four campuses in the University of Colorado System, is the major academic medical center in the Rocky Mountain region. The Anschutz Medical Campus is home to the University of Colorado Hospital, Children's Hospital Colorado and a new Veterans Affairs Hospital, making it one of the largest and most comprehensive biomedical research and clinical care centers in the western United States. With world-class health sciences research, educational and clinical facilities, the CU School of Medicine has established distinctive and highly productive programs, receiving research awards of more than $350 million per year, including more than $200 million from National Institutes of Health and other federal agencies. The School's total annual clinical and research revenue exceeds $1.2 billion per year.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry has just welcomed their new Department Chair, C. Neill Epperson, MD and is in the process of growing the Department of Psychiatry with new programs and expanding existing programs.This Senior Professional Research Assistant (PRA) position is a research position with primary duties to act as a Lab Manager, responsible for facilitating the successful operation of multiple ongoing research studies, supervision of PRAs and for conducting functional magnetic resonance imaging studies in various populations, including mentally ill patients, mentally and non-mentally ill overweight/obese subjects, and healthy comparison subjects. Examples of Work Performed
- Coordinate multiple human research studies and supervise PRAs in the lab
- Assist with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) data collection
- Conduct fMRI data analysis (using SPM software)
- Monitor/maintain regulatory compliance and prepare IRB submissions
- Assist in preparing research manuscripts and figures for research presentations/manuscripts
- Database organization and management using REDCap
- Recruit, enroll, and complete study measures with subjects, including physiological (e.g., vital signs, body composition) and behavioral (e.g., eating behaviors, side effects) measures
- Maintain lab/study records (e.g., recruitment logs, enrollment logs, study delegation logs)
- Supervise subject participation in drug and behavioral (exercise, diet, cognitive) interventions
- Administer neuropsychological batteries and clinical symptom measures to individuals with psychiatric disorders
- Work within electronic health record data systems (UCH and/or VA) to access participant files and record study visit information
- Interact with staff across the University and/or VA in performing study duties (e.g., the Clinical Translational Research Center, University of Colorado Hospital, VA Medical Center, Brain Imaging Center, administrative/financial services)
- Process and track participant payments
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-complianceOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- MS/MA degree or equivalent experience with a BS/BA degree
- Experience running clinical trials involving fMRI data collection
- Experience using SPM software in Matlab for fMRI data analysis
- At least 3 years experience with human subjects research
- Prior experience creating figures for research presentations and/or research publications
- Proficiency using REDCap software to conduct human subjects research and Epic to access electronic health record data
- Familiarity using EPrime stimulus presentation software
- Experience coordinating research studies that involve investigational drugs, including proficiency in submitting FDA documentation
- Expertise in IRB regulatory compliance procedures and submissions
- Experience administering neuropsychological test batteries and clinical symptom measures to individuals with psychiatric disorders
- Supervisory experience within a clinical research lab setting
Applicants mustmeet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Experience in lab management with multiple simultaneous projects
- Proficiency in using air displacement plethysmography to assess body composition
- Experience using OnCore Clinical Trials Management System
- Computer proficiency, including experience using REDCap, EPrime, Epic, and Excel
- Ability to perform all study assessments (e.g., neuropsychological test batteries, clinical symptom measures, physiological measures, behavioral measures)
- Ability to maintain regulatory compliance across multiple studies, including creation and submission of IRB applications
- Writing proficiency and previous experience creating figures for research presentations and/or publications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and exercise good judgement.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 3, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing