Administrative Assistant I
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Department: Office of Laboratory Animal Resources (OLAR)
Job Title: Administrative Assistant I
Position #726670 – Requisition #19132
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Who We Are:
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient’s bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.The Office of Laboratory Animal Resources (OLAR) department has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant I position.Job Summary:
The individual in this position will provide direct administrative support to the Research Services Manager, Associate Director of Finance and staff of the Office of Laboratory Animal Resources (OLAR). To facilitate the required activities for this position, this individual must be familiar with data entry and customer service. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects that may, at times, have competing priorities. Examples of Work Performed:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- The first point of contact for the office; welcome guests and greet visitors
- Receive and distribute correspondence and mail to OLAR administrative and management staff
- Answer and respond to all calls and emails to the main OLAR telephone/email, redirecting calls/emails as appropriate
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, etc…
- Update calendars and schedule meetings for administrative and management staff
- Maintain and arrange service for office equipment such as; copier, scanner, fax machine, etc…
- Assist the Research Services Manager with both refresher and initial facility access tours in RC-1, R2, and the AHSB building
- Assist the Research Services Manager with the onboarding of both new OLAR staff hires and with Veterinary Students
- Assist the Research Services Manager and the Training Technician with gathering feedback from new hires and transfers within the department on their onboarding and training experience
- Perform Voice Over work for training videos
- Update and verify the facility access spreadsheet and accompanying access folders by coordinating with the Research Services Manager and the IACUC office
- Maintain the supply of AALAS certification study books and be responsible for checking out those books and ensuring they are returned on time
- Enter service entry billing for Associate Director of Finance into eSirius and will be the backup for animal ordering and surgical billing
- Maintain and order Staples office supplies for OLAR Administrative Staff, Director and Associate Directors, and Clinical Veterinary staff
- May act in a primary or back-up capacity for the AHSB, RC1, or R2 administrative front desk positions, including processing cage cards, answering phones, and other duties
- Other duties as assigned
- The hiring salary range for this position has been established at $31,000-$36,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience
- This position is eligible for overtime compensation
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
- Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
- Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a similar position providing administrative support services
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Experience in an animal research facility
- Experience speaking in front of people
- Experience with voice over work
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to establish priorities in a fast pace and ever-changing setting
- Ability to deal effectively with employees throughout OLAR and the University
- Well-developed and professional skills in the areas of information presentation, general data entry, customer service and office administration
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in a variety of situations
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel, Market Place, eSirius, and knowledge of basic office equipment: scanner, copier etc.
- Public speaking skills
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Sep 2, 2020
Unposting Date: Sep 11, 2020, 12:59:00 AM