Adjunct Faculty- Pharmacy Technician
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2020-066
Posting Start Date: 9/8/2020
Minimum Education: Not Specified
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct Faculty- Pharmacy TechnicianDescription/Job Summary
Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for:
1. Adjunct instructors are hired to instruct students in the clinical/laboratory/classroom setting and must be knowledgeable in their subject matter as well have training and experience.
2. Based upon approved syllabus, design & teach assigned class or lab leveraging digital content and multimedia sources. Adhere to course syllabus following established institutional guidelines.
3. Monitor and complete required reports on student progress; provide support to students as necessary.
4. Assist in maintenance of the Pharmacy Technician classroom and lab; communicate with Pharmacy placement/clinical coordinators.
5. Assist students in preparing for state certification and national certification exams.
6. Evaluate students' progress and provide appropriate feedback on daily basis to inform student of progress and completion of course/program requirements established by institutional policy.
7. Provide virtual and hands-on instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning environment both remotely and in person.
8. Provide instruction to adult learners with varying educational levels, abilities, and backgrounds and is able to appropriately adapt and deliver material to multiple experience levels.
9. Make recommendations for program improvements as appropriate and required.
Interfaces regularly with project team and other instructors and attends scheduled meetings.
10. Maintain confidentiality of student records and other sensitive subject matter.
11. Perform related duties as required.Required Qualifications
- Licensed Maryland Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacist required
- Two years of experience teaching adults in a structured environment.
- Associate Degree; Baccalaureate Degree
- Nationally recognized Pharmacy Technician certification
- Five years eexperience in an institution of Higher Education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail