Administrative Assistant, College of Education
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, College of Education
Location: Americus, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220469
Job Summary This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the operations of the College of Education.
- Provides support for department chairs and faculty. (20%)
- Assists the chairs and faculty members with special projects.
- Attends meetings and records minutes.
- Proctors exams.
- Types, collates, copies, and uploads exams, handouts, and evaluation tools.
- Processes and maintains student files and records. (50%)
- Maintains accurate student records; updates student grades on curriculum sheets.
- Processes student paperwork including graduation applications, transient forms, and course substitution forms.
- Maintains student teaching and field experience database.
- Maintains database of graduate applications.
- Provides administrative support for office operations. (20%)
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages; refers to appropriate personnel.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinates the maintenance of office equipment.
- Prepares a variety of forms.
- Updates handbooks and other documents.
- Performs related duties. (10%)
- Associates degree required.More than one year of related experience required.
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.Knowledge of college and departmental policies and procedures.Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.Skill in the management of files and records.Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.Skill in oral and written communication.
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.