Business Services Coordinator
Position InformationVacancy Open toAll CandidatesEmployment TypePermanent - Full-timeIf time-limited, note appointment end dateHours per week40Months per year12Position Number006004NC Salary Grade Equivalency63Classification TitleBusiness Services Coordinator - ContributingWorking TitleBusiness Services CoordinatorSalary Range$36,041 - $37,521Anticipate Hiring Range$36,041 - $37,521FLSA StatusNon ExemptDivisionAcademic AffairsDepartmentCol Liberal Arts & Science (Col)Work UnitCollege of Liberal Arts & SciencesWork Schedule
8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – FridayPrimary Purpose of Position
This position supports the Interdisciplinary Programs in business, personnel and student functions. Duties involves a variety of functions listed below:
-Manages workload, workflow, tasks and
projects for the Office of Interdisciplinary Programs.
-Prepares budgets and manage funds for each Program. Managing accounts of various types: State, IFLX, Discretionary, Summer School , E&T, Endowment, etc. and establish new funds as needed.
-Assists students, faculty, staff, Program Directors, and other guest with various questions.
-Supervise and hire student workers.
-Annual Reporting & Analysis
-Prepares: Financial Transactions Requests, Assistantships, Electronic Check Requests, Electronic Personnel Action Forms, etc., and Approves: 49er Mart Requisitions and P-card Requests
Four-year degree in a related business function; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Essential Job Duties
Positions in this banded class are characterized by their performance of a variety of administrative, secretarial, and office support duties. Work requires knowledge of policies, procedures and information systems in order to communicate and process information. The role is different because the position will serve as a floater and provide specific administrative support to all departments and programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The range of duties includes preparing purchasing orders, travel authorizations, travel reimbursements, DPR’s, assisting with reports, preparing PT paperwork, troubleshooting, assisting with course scheduling and other assigned duties.Other Work Responsibilities
Manages budget issues and projects of high complexity; maintains confidentiality.
Produces financial reports on a monthly basis, or as needed.
Excellent interpersonal skills that lead to effective output and outcomes.
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Expert Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel (Advanced). Experience with financial reporting databases. Experience in using Banner.
Detail oriented producing accurate, timely information and materials. Demonstrates a high level of initiative.
Professional demeanor and customer service orientation.
Excellent oral and written communication. Comfortable with professionally addressing Program Directors, Administrator, staff, etc.Necessary Licenses or CertificationsWork LocationFretwell 320Posting date09/04/2020Closing date09/17/2020Proposed Hire DateContact InformationSpecial Notes to Applicants
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- HERC Job Board
- Inside Higher Education
- Circa (formerly known as Local JobNetwork)
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Where did you learn about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have professional financial reporting experience? If yes, please outline your financial reporting experience by giving an example of when you had to pull and manipulate data from multiple sources.
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have professional experience using Banner? If yes, please explain your experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Have you completed any training or do you have any experience with Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint?
- Yes, Beginner Level
- Yes, Intermediate Level
- Yes, Advanced Level
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Contact Information for References