Student Assistant-Student Affairs
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleStudent Assistant-Student AffairsDepartmentDAL-Dean of Students-520000Job LocationDallasFull Time/Part TimePart-TimePay Rate$8.50Salary Information$8.50 per hourDepartment Summary
The UNT Dallas Student Affairs office is here to engage and develop students through co-curricular activities targeted at creating a holistic experience for the entire student body. Our primary vision is grounded in affecting change through student life, student success, and student learning.Position Summary
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Main point of contact to our one-stop shop to the new student service center.
• Create and post posters in poster displays throughout campus
• Greet and appropriately direct visitors to Student Affairs staff, or other departments
• Provide excellent customer service
• Schedule appointments for Student Affairs staff
• Manage room reservation process
• Create and disseminate marketing materials
• Help set up and run Student Affairs events/programs like the student org fair, leadership speaker series, multicultural programming
• Conduct research for multicultural programming
• Effectively manage security sensitive/confidential information
• Answer Student Affairs incoming phone calls
• Set up materials for programs and events (including making copies, assembling packets for workshops, fairs, and events)
• Tally Student Affairs service utilization
• Pick up and distribute mail for Student Affairs
• Organize and create an inventory of supplies
• Assist with making handouts for workshops and other tasks as needed by Student Affairs staff.
• All other duties as assigned
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, College of Law, HSC and UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
• Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
• Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
• Responsible, reliable and punctual.
• Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
Tuesdays –Thursdays 8AM-7PM, Mondays and Fridays 8AM-5PM and sometimes weekends.Driving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical RequirementsCarrying, Climbing, Kneeling, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or HearPosting NumberStu052HPPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/37628Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Class Schedule (Student)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial Aid Summary (Student)
- Other Document