Faculty - Nursing
Posting DetailsPosting Number:Regular_0091125Position Title:Faculty - NursingClassification TitleFull Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeAnnuallyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:Position Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Nursing Instructor is a full time faculty member who is expected to maintain high standards of professionalism and high academic standards of professionalism and high academic standards. At least 40 hours per week are to be spent in the following: direct instruction; preparation and evaluation of instruction; accessibility to students; committee assignments; advising and service to the college and community. Faculty may be assigned a teaching schedule that includes any college location, and at times that meet student, program and college needs.Staff Required Education/Experience:Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
- Faculty must meet the NC Board of Nursing Administrative Faculty Rule 21 ncac 36.0318.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
- Must have 2 calendar years of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Must have prior to or within three years of employment, education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation.
Master’s Degree in Nursing – EducationOther Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Department:Asscociate Degree NursingWork Hours:
VariesPosting Date:08/26/2020Closing Date:Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility:
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility:
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility:
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility:
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility:
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility:
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility:
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility:
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility:
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duty and Responsibility:
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duty and Responsibility:
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you hold a Master's Degree in Nursing?
- * Do you have work experience that includes two years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse?
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2