Director for Institutional Assessment
Director for Institutional Assessment
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Director for Institutional Assessment of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning. This role will support the University culture of evidence-based assessment and continuous program improvement across the institution (academic, co-curricular, and administrative/strategic planning assessment). The role and the related team is responsible for proactive questioning and targeted research and analyses on a wide range of institutional and academic issues and synthesizing diverse data points into a coherent set of actionable findings and recommendations that support the campus community's efforts to demonstrate fulfillment of institutional mission and programmatic quality. This role serves as the SACSCOC Liaison.Essential Responsibilities Include:Leadership and Management
- Provides collaborative leadership within the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning. Lead development, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of a system of integrated planning, assessment and evaluation across the institution to include:
- monitoring of key trendsKey Performance Indicators Reporting on the progress of strategic initiatives to institutional constituencies.
- academic, co-curricular, and administrative/strategic planning assessment
- Examples: Chair assessment-related committees, Ex-officio member of Institutional Review Board
- Serves as an institutional contact for assessment reports and assists with the maintenance of a comprehensive institutional assessment database.Develops and manages assessment related information systems.Develops and manages the course evaluation system (Evaluation Kit).Establishes practices with Institutional Research partners in service of programmatic assessment measures (e.g. AACSB, CACREP, CSWE).Establishes data practices that support an annual program assessment calendar for the university community. Ensures the archival of all university survey data sets, analysis, and associated reports to the divisional repository.
- Interpret and make meaning of assessment data and research findings by presenting complex information in forms that are understandable to a variety of audiences.Provides for the assessment education of faculty and staff through conferences, workshops, etc., and maintaining a library of assessment methodology, ideas, and materials.Supports the submission of assessment-related content to government, accrediting, and private agencies. Provides collaborative analysis and response to internal and external requests for information.Performs other related tasks as required.
For consideration, a Master's degree required; PhD preferred. University-Level teaching experience preferred. 3-7 years of progressively responsible experience in a higher education institution or service provider. Experience and demonstrated expertise related to assessment in higher education. Demonstrated experience in designing, administering, and analyzing assessment instruments and products. Knowledge of SACSCOC accreditation principles and procedures or other higher education accreditation agency principles and procedures. Preferred direct participation on regional or programmatic accreditation review teams. Knowledge of programmatic accreditation principles and procedures (e.g. AACSB, CACREP, CSWE). Demonstrated ability to develop and implement data-analytic and technology strategies to support business objectives. Experience in using and implementation of planning and assessment solutions (TaskStream, LiveText, DigitialMeasures). Experience with survey software packages (Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, or similar) Experience with statistical software packages (SAS, SPSS, or similar). Experience with qualitative analysis tools (NVIVO, SPSS-NLP, or similar). Experience with data visualization products (Tableau, Qlik, PowerPivot, or similar). Strong leadership and organization skills; proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to manage complex projects and tasks with attention to detail; demonstrated ability to work productively in cross-functional teams. Strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues with different areas and levels of expertise. Successful completion of an employment and criminal history background check is required Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Guardian Dental
Vision Guardian/Davis Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202023
Available: ImmediatelyFull Job Description St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com