Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-01
JOB TITLEGrants ManagerLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEComputer Science IDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYUnder the supervision of Neil Heffernan, Professor of Computer Science and Director of the Learning Science and Technologies Program, the Grants Manager will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the ongoing operations of associated research programs. The Grants Manager will work closely with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Sponsored Programs Accounting to ensure compliance with federal, sponsor, and program regulations, as well as WPI policy.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Serve as a thought-partner to PI to transcribe and edit ideas into written memoranda and proposals.
- Maintain awareness of- and track upcoming funding opportunities with sponsors.
- Help to foster potential partnerships with sponsors and other research institutions, attending calls with potential partners to keep notes and details.
- Review solicitations for guidelines and restrictions or other special provisions.
- Prepare supporting proposal documentation:
- update current and pending documentation for PI and co-PIs;
- prepare detailed line-item budget with corresponding budget justification;
- prepare facilities description, data management plan, and COA;
- collect and format biographical sketches, CV’s, and letters of collaboration;
- request letters of support (as needed) for PIs and outside collaborators;
- collect subaward commitment formsas needed.
- Help craft final grant applications including a proofreading and editing of technical narratives.
- Collate all pending proposal materials and maintain files.
- Assist the Office of Sponsored Programs with the upload all proposal documents into government and non-government sponsor websites for submission. Fastlane, Grants.gov., and various foundation portals.
- Serve as liaison between PI and associated research partners at other institutions; communicate project status and issues to be resolved.
- Assist with the development of resources that may be shared by awardees including websites, grant management software, and other tools and technologies.
- Schedule and ensure that complex meetings run smoothly by preparing and organizing supporting materials.
- Serve as daily supervisor for PI’s team of full-time research scientists, graduate students, undergraduates, and volunteers.
- Perform project management for the research programs, such as documenting project requirements, developing work processes, determining realistic schedules, monitoring timelines, deliverables, and milestones. Monitor and adjust plans by updating monthly reports and by incorporating new awards, students, and research staff support.
- Update and maintain institutional dashboards and other project documentation including notes, change requests, project plans, and actions items.
- Generate and edit annual reports, written and oral presentations, and other correspondence for both internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate the contracting of- and execution of agreements with technical consultants and other service providers as appropriate.
- Assist PI and partners with the preparation and follow-up of Institutional Review Board (IRB) materials.
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of staff and students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.