Financial Aid Assistant I
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-01
Job TitleFinancial Aid Assistant IAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentFinancial AidProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Financial Aid Assistant I, under supervision, performs standard and some complex financial aid clerical duties and provides responsible detailed assistance and specialized skills in the administration of student financial aid.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to inquiries regarding Financial Aid and Scholarship forms, records, procedures, and policies.
- Answer phones and places local and long distance calls
- Opens and distributes mail
- Reviews documents for completeness and accuracy
- Provides Financial Aid and Scholarship information and appropriate forms to applicants, students, parents, administrators, and employees
- Post, evaluate or analyze a wide variety of Financial Aid and Scholarship related records of an official and confidential nature
- Composes and/or prepare correspondence on a wide variety of Financial Aid and Scholarship matters
- Enters, verifies and retrieves data via computer
- Compiles information for administrative or technical reports and specialized studies
- Maintains and revises Financial Aid and Scholarship filing systems
- Process outside scholarships
- Update scholarship forms and website as needed
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years of related experience. Working knowledge of word processing, Microsoft Office and database management programs. Intermediate Excel experience.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team. Customer service and organization skills.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Education skills and experience above and beyond the minimum that would be ideal but is not required. Financial Aid & Scholarship experience preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.