Assistant Professor - Theater R00958
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-09
Job TitleAssistant Professor - Theater R00958AgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentTheaterProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
APPLICANT: Before you apply please have all documents available to upload during the application process. See Instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to upload documents. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (unofficial).
Applications received by Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application.
The Department of Theatre is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in Scenic Design/Technical Direction. This position will begin Fall 2021. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate or masters level courses in Scenic Design/Technical Direction/Theatre;
- Design, implement, and present research;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Masters of Fine Arts – Scenic Design.
- A minimum of 18 hours in Theatre from an accredited university is required.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Extensive experience in scenic design, technical direction, and the skills that pertain to those two fields. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Strong professional work record or scholarly potential.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: none.
- Physical Requirements: none.
- Other Requirements: none.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Masters of Fine Arts in Scenic Design. University level teaching experience. Professional scenic design experience. Online teaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.