Assistant Professor - English (R00449)
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-09
Job TitleAssistant Professor - English (R00449)AgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentLiterature & LanguagesProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
APPLICANT: Before you apply please have all documents available to upload during the application process. See Instructions below.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to upload documents. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (unofficial).
Applications received by Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application.
The Department of Literature & Languages at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking an Assistant Professor of English with a concentration in World Literatures and expertise in critical theory with emphases in fields such as postcolonial studies, Queer/LBGQ+ studies, ecocriticism, and other areas. This is a tenure-track position with a nine-month appointment and the possibility of teaching during the summer. The preferred candidate will also have the ability to teach a variety of courses in film studies or other media. This position requires teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels with the expectation of face-to-face and online teaching. The Department of Literature & Languages has English programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, and faculty work closely with students at all levels. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching undergraduate, masters or doctoral level courses in English;
- Maintaining and expanding upon an active research agenda;
- Advising students;
- Preparing syllabi;
- Updating course materials;
- Developing curriculum;
- Delivery of instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday.
- Working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Maintaining a current understanding of changes and trends in the discipline and effective pedagogical practices;
- Providing service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Continual learning to stay current with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching
- Education: PhD in English with concentrations in World Literature and Critical Theory
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Demonstrated experience and knowledge in primary area.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements:
- Other Requirements: Ability to use computer software and programs and to teach online courses as needed
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Education skills and experience above and beyond the minimum that would be ideal but is not required.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: None
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.