Nursing Faculty, Full-Time
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Department of Nursing invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Nursing for the 2021-2022 academic year. We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative educator as a full time faculty member in our program.
The Nursing Department at Community College of Philadelphia is ACEN accredited associate degree nursing program that has been educating nurses for over 50 years. We have been designated as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing Center since 2004. Our current designation applies through 2021. We offer an integrated curriculum that includes community based care and gerontology experiences in the second year of the program.
• Successful applicant will teach classroom, skills laboratory, seminar and clinical experiences to a diverse student population in an integrated curriculum. Applicant should be prepared to teach in both a face to face and virtual environment.
• Participate in departmental and college wide committees and activities.
• Engage in scholarly activities related to professional development and acquisition of skills related to nursing education.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Applicants must have a masters' degree in nursing, current, unencumbered, RN licensure in Pennsylvania.
• Current (within the last 2 years) medical-surgical nursing experience.
• Experience in teaching nursing skills lab including simulation experience.
• Previous teaching experience in both a virtual and face to face environment.
• Ability to navigate electronic learning platforms, and basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Post masters certificate in nursing education, doctoral degree in nursing practice or nursing education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.
Salary Grade or Rank
Rank 5 or Rank 6