Part - Time Dentist - Dental Faculty Practice
Part - Time Dentist - Dental Faculty Practice
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Reports to the Clinical Services Manager and Supervising Dentist
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day clinical operation of the Dental Faculty Practice as well as teaching Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene courses as needed.
- General dentistry diagnosing, patient treatment, treatment planning, referrals, and risk management for the college and general dentistry services.
- Works with other dentists and Dental Hygienists in the Dental Faculty Practice.
- Provide emergency treatment for patient calls received after hours (to include evenings and weekends). This is provided on an on-call basis.
- Assist in providing supervision of dental assistants and dental hygienists and all professional aspects of the practice.
- Provides legal coverage for the practice and ensures adherence to the Nevada Dental Practice Act and its requirements.
- Provide standing orders for dental hygiene students regarding radiograph and other prescriptions.
- May participate in Teaching Methodology Courses.
- Work with students in a teaching environment.
- Participating in case review sessions for first-year and second-year dental hygiene students. Provide consultation and patient treatment for patients in the Dental Hygiene Student Clinic as needed.
- Conduct some in-service training of assistants as appropriate.
- Will work closely with the Clinical Services Manager and will report to the Supervising Dentist and Executive Dental Director.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in a dental practice.
- Must be Nevada licensed, eligible for credentialing, and with current CPR certification.
- Employment requires keeping current with continuing education courses.
- Teaching experience in dental hygiene program preferred.
- Must be current in all aspects of dental practice.
- Must be experienced in all aspects of OSHA, Infection Control training, and MSDS management.
Up to 32 Hours a Week; Some evenings may be required.
Starting Salary Range
Salary competitive with those at similarly situated institutions. Position is contingent upon funding.
To be considered for this role, please attach the following:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part---Time-Dentist---Dental-Faculty-Practice_R0122422-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency