Director, Planning & Analysis (0656U) - 10638
Director, Planning & Analysis (0656U) - 10638 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more.
- Directs department of professional staff responsible for implementing strategic operational initiatives to meet the campus's philanthropic goals.
- Develops projects, assigns portfolios and manages, through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of staff and department activities.
- Maintains significant accountability, influence, and impact over professionals in other campus advancement units.
- Reviews work of direct reports to evaluate meeting of organizational objectives.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recruitment activities.
- Identifies career development opportunities and administers campus HR policies that directly affect subordinate employees and their assignments.
- Responsible for department operational processes, budget resourcing, and FTE and contract personnel.
- Leads campus-wide advancement initiatives to implement solutions and achieve institutional objectives.
- Develops project strategies and manages outcomes.
- Negotiates scope, deliverables, and timelines.
- Uses comprehensive and appropriate information to make clear, consistent, and transparent decisions.
- Advises leadership and provides decision support.
- Communicates regularly with stakeholders and upper management.
- Conducts presentations for campus leadership and advancement groups concerning specific initiatives and operational plans.
- Engages campus units with Advancement Information Services' vision.
- Represents unit to campus stakeholders, vendor suppliers, affiliate organizations, other UC campuses, and higher education institutions nationwide.
- Conducts presentations at advancement and industry conferences.
- Facilitates product evaluations and manages key vendor relationships.
- Typically 2-5 years of experience with project management and/or managing an information technology organization.
- Requires knowledge of business analysis function.
- Proven critical thinking, persuasion / negotiation, mentoring, leadership / management, problem solving, human resources policies and procedures relating to management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training/work experience with an emphasis in computer science, data processing, computer information systems, or in a related field.
Licenses/Certifications, if any:
- PMP Certification or equivalent certificate and education which would allow testing for PM.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=10638&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency