Criminal Justice Faculty, Full-Time
Posting DetailsPosition TitleCriminal Justice Faculty, Full-TimeRequisition NumberFAC00337General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Department of Social Science invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Criminal Justice for the 2021-2022 academic year.Specific Responsibilities
• This position will require program planning and development, course and program assessment, and curricular and course review.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams.
• Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom.
• Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population.
• Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession.
• Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Public Safety, juris doctor or Criminology.
• Demonstrated teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a variety of live and online Criminal Justice courses, and experience with curriculum and course development required.
• Commitment to promoting student success beyond the classroom and demonstrate a willingness to contribute in significant ways to the life of the department and the college.
• Skilled in instructional technology, including experience in teaching web-based courses.
• Must be flexible in scheduling and able to work day and/or evening at multiple campuses, if needed.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Criminal Justice.
• Work experience in the field of criminal justice.
• Teaching experience at an urban community college.
• Connections to the Philadelphia criminal justice community.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankRank 5 or Rank 6Salary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Public Safety, juris doctor or Criminology.
- * Do you have teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a variety of live and online Criminal Justice courses?
- * Do you have experience with curriculum and course development, and are you skilled in instructional technology, including experience in teaching web-based courses?
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice?
- * Do you have work experience in the field of criminal justice?
- * Do you have teaching experience at an urban community college?
- * Do you have connections to the Philadelphia criminal justice community?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)