Associate Vice President, Information Technology
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAssociate Vice President, Information TechnologyRequisition NumberSCA00409General Description
Reporting to the Vice President of Business & Finance, the Associate Vice President for Information Technology establishes and directs the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for the College’s information technology department. This position directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development, while providing leadership for the overall effectiveness and operations for the ITS division. The AVP for Information Technology is responsible for monitoring and analyzing technology and trends that could improve the College’s operations and performance; in addition to establishing technology standards and communicating technical information throughout the organization.Specific Responsibilities
• Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve the College’s goals by fostering technological innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
• In collaboration with the VP, identify information service needs and their impact on system-wide College resources and promote the efficient use of resources by developing appropriate standards, ensuring that infrastructure costs are included in all information technology analysis.
• Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of an enterprise systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software, and interconnection of College information systems.
• Provide leadership in the establishment of data management, data governance, data quality and data access.
• In collaboration with the VP, establish departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures in support of College goals and objectives and ensure implementation and compliance.
• Monitor the goals and objectives of the ITS division and recommend actions to the VP to ensure objectives are met.
• Establish and maintain sufficient monitoring of IT systems to enable proactive identification of capacity, performance and availability issues and to minimize the impact of these issues on College operations.
• Oversee cybersecurity initiatives for the College.
• Provide leadership and supervision of assigned staff.
• Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, while continually assessing and communicating risks.
• Develop, track, and control the information technology operating and capital budgets ensuring consistency with College priorities.
• Direct the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Lead the development and enforcement of policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the enterprise.
• Facilitate and coordinate consultation with internal stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts to capitalize on economies of scale and ensure compliance with College policies and procedures. Negotiate and manage IT-related vendor contracts.
• Define and communicate policies and standards for the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
• Ensure IT system operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
• Remain current with technological advances, trends, best practices and issues within the IT industry.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Represent IT on College committees and meet with external organizations as needed.
• Perform other duties as assignedMinimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field required.
• Seven (7) years of leadership experience in all phases of computer operations required.
• Three (3) years of senior management experience in computer operations required.
• Experience with IT planning, and system design/implementation and management of technical personnel required.
• Experience leading the strategic planning and administration of information technology required.
• Previous experience using an enterprise wide system required.
• Ability to define user needs, develop and implement information systems and develop staff required.
• Strong collaboration skills and customer service orientation required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making required.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly present technical material to non-technical staff required.
• Ability to drive change and innovation to support organizational goals and objectives.
• Strong written and oral communications skills required.
• Ability to juggle shifting priorities and multiple demanding projects.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Senior management experience in higher education preferred.
• Previous experience using Ellucian Banner or a similar system preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in network and telecommunications systems preferred.
• Management experience in a unionized environment preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on 09/25/2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank7Salary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date09/04/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have seven (7) years of leadership experience in all phases of computer operations?
- * Do you have three (3) years of senior management experience in computer operations?
- * Do you have senior management experience in higher education?
- * Do you have experience with IT planning, and system design/implementation and management of technical personnel?
- * Do you have experience using an enterprise wide system?
- * Do you have previous experience using Ellucian Banner or a similar system?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in network and telecommunications systems?
- * Do you have management experience in a unionized environment?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application