Business Leadership Faculty, Full-Time
Posting DetailsPosition TitleBusiness Leadership Faculty, Full-TimeRequisition NumberFAC00344General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Business Leadership, Fashion, & Hospitality Department invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The Business Leadership, Fashion, & Hospitality Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Business Leadership, Corporate Social Responsibility, Culinary Arts, Entrepreneurship, Fashion Merchandising and Marketing, and Tourism and Hospitality Management. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on preparing business leaders, professionals, and entrepreneurs for successful careers. Many students in this department transfer to schools in the Philadelphia area to complete baccalaureate degrees in their chosen field while others move directly into new jobs or progress in their current career paths. In addition to our newly developed AAS Business Leadership degree and Business Leadership proficiency certificate, we offer a first-year experience course with a business leadership focus. This position will play a key role in further developing our business leadership programs and teaching in this area.Specific Responsibilities
• Teach Business Leadership courses to students with a broad range of career interests.
• Help community college students further develop their Business Leadership skills, professional attitudes and behaviors, for college and workplace success.
• Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course’s standard course outline as a guide.
• Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, hands-on activities, and presentations.
• Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
• Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences. The method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to supervisors and to students through the course syllabus each semester.
• Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and records by established deadlines.
• Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as office hours and meetings at the designated times.
• Receive training or stay current in technological or pedagogical advances that promote student learning, including learning and using Publisher’s software when applicable.
•Develop and maintain working relationships with Philadelphia business industry/workforce.
• Serve on standing and ad hoc committees, advisory boards, hiring committees, or as a student organization advisor.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s degree in organizational leadership, human resources, business communication or other disciplines taught in a business school setting (e.g. administration, marketing, management, accounting, finance, operations, hospitality), or a related degree with 18 graduate credit hours in the above areas.
• Candidates with a business-oriented master’s degree must have at least 3 years of leadership experience. Candidates with a leadership-oriented master’s degree must have at least 3 years of business experience. A minimum of 5 years work experience in business or leadership positions is required, including 2 years of post-master’s work experience. Leadership experience must include the strategic leadership of a business unit or organization at the level of manager or above.
• At least 2 years of recent college or university level teaching experience in the subject area.
• Ability to deliver required, predefined course elements, while drawing from own knowledge and experiences to engage students and make the course one’s own.Preferred Qualifications
• Six or more years of work experience in business and leadership positions.
• Broad knowledge or awareness of business professions in multiple business disciplines.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankSalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have Master's degree in organizational leadership, human resources, business communication and other disciplines taught in a business school setting (e.g. administration, marketing, management, accounting, finance, operations, hospitality), or a related degree with 18 graduate credit hours in the above areas?
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in business or leadership positions?
- * Do you have a minimum of 5 years work experience in business or leadership positions, including 2 years of post-master’s work experience?
- * Do you have least 2 years of recent college or university level teaching experience in the subject area?
- * Do you have 6 or more years of work experience in business and leadership positions?
- * Do you have broad knowledge or awareness of business professions in multiple business disciplines?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)