Accounting Faculty, Full-Time
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAccounting Faculty, Full-TimeRequisition NumberFAC00345General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Business Administration Department invites applications for a full-time, tenure track position in Accounting for the 2021-2022 academic year.
The Business Administration Department includes a variety of degrees and certificates in the areas of Business and Accounting. The department strives to meet the needs of all students interested in obtaining an education in these areas and is focused on preparing business leaders, professionals, and entrepreneurs for successful careers. Many of our students transfer to some of the best business schools in the Philadelphia area, while others move directly into new jobs or progress in their current career paths.Specific Responsibilities
•Teach various accounting courses, including Financial and Managerial Accounting.
• Maintain and develop curriculum in response to assessment findings and market demands that are consistent with departmental learning objectives.
• Commitment to participating in the intellectual life of the department, and a willingness to participate in the life of the College through leadership in department and college-wide committees.
• Active participation in industry related professional development activities, meetings, and/or conferences.
• Develop and implement student retention related activities, participate in articulation with four-year schools and outreach with area high schools.
• Work with faculty to develop active advisory committees and community relationships.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams. Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population. Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession. Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation, or an MBA degree with an active certification as a CPA, CMA, CIA, CFA OR CGMA.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to teach a variety of day, evening, and weekend, first and second year Accounting courses at the main campus, and/or at Regional Centers and neighborhood sites.
• Knowledge of, and ability to integrate, current technological applications into Accounting courses.Preferred Qualifications
•At least two years of recent college teaching experience in the subject area.
• Knowledge and/or willingness to develop and teach online and web enhanced courses.
• Prior experience using Canvas Learning Management System.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
• Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
• Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankRank 5 or Rank 6Salary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation, or an MBA degree with an active certification as a CPA, CMA, CIA, CFA OR CGMA?
- * Do you have knowledge of, and ability to integrate, current technological applications into Accounting courses?
- * Do you have at least two years of recent college teaching experience in the subject area?
- * Do you have the knowledge and/or willingness to develop and teach online and web enhanced courses?
- * Do you have prior experience using Canvas Learning Management System?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)