Postdoctoral Research Associate - Computer Science
Postdoctoral Research Associate - Computer ScienceJob no: 506284
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Computer Science
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grant
Applications Open: Sep 09 2020
General Summary of Position:
Work closely with faculty, other post-docs, graduate students, and undergraduate students to carry out human-robot interaction research under the direction of the Principal Investigator. The primary application domain to be explored is unmanned aerial systems (UAS). This position is contingent upon funding and is for a one-year period, with a possibility of renewal for a second year.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, Psychology, or related field, with a thesis in the area of Human-Robot Interaction
- At least two years’ experience in designing and conducting human-robot interaction experiments with human subjects
- Experiment protocol and test plan development, execution, and data analysis
**Given the nature and responsibilities of the position, only U.S. citizens will be considered for this position.
- Preference given to candidates with expertise in robot programming (e.g., ROS, C++, Java) and prior experience in grant writing
- Ability to start position no later than January 2021; there is also the potential for an earlier starting date, depending on candidate availability
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be for ONE year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity and performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
Posting updated 9/9/2020