Teacher Education : Instructor, Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Fall 2021
Position Title:Teacher Education : Instructor, Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor - Fall 2021 Job Category:Faculty Department:Teacher Education - 2010180 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
In anticipation of increases in enrollment for the 2021-2022 academic year, GGC invites applicants for faculty positions in Teacher Education starting August 1, 2021. Responsibilities of this position involves: mentoring candidates in the Elementary Education Program (ELED) and/or Middle Grades Education Program (MGEDU). Developing and teaching undergraduate courses. Conducting meaningful research and scholarship activities. Participating in broad-based college and departmental committee work and professional service. Mentoring undergraduate students/teacher candidates; and supervising teacher candidates in field experiences in various school settings. This position involves the teaching of college-level curriculum, and methods courses. This position also reviews, evaluates and recommends student learning materials and evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving institutional and course goals.GGC seeks applications for instructor, assistant, associate and full professor faculty positions to begin August 1, 2014. Applicants must have a minimum of a Master's degree in a teacher education field. GGC is an institution that values and encourages innovative teaching. In addition to teaching, applicants are expected to actively participate in scholarly activities, extensive student engagement and to contribute in the area of service to the college and community. Advising and mentoring are expected of all faculty. In accordance with Board of Regents Policy governing GGC faculty, successful applicants will be eligible to receive 5 or 3 year renewable appointments or one year traditional appointments may also be approved. For more information about our college, please visit our website at www.ggc.edu.
SalaryCommensurate with education and experience. Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:Minimum Successful candidates must have:
- Master's degree for Instructor; Doctorate for Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor.
- Masters degree in reading or reading specialist certification
- Teaching, professional and/or educational experience with the K-5th grade band
- Knowledge of best practices in elementary classrooms
- Strong background in curricular planning and assessment, as well as the use of innovative educational technology to enhance student learning.
- Experience/leadership in ELL/ESOL,Literacy & Reading
- Familiarity with teacher education accreditation standards.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent public school teaching experience.
- A Doctorate degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.).
- Prior experience with supervising field experiences and student teaching are preferred.