Federal Work Study - School of Education
Position Title:Federal Work Study - School of Education Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The School of Education is staffed by a team of individuals responsible for coordinating and providing administrative and program support for the School of Education. Student assistants assigned to this office work directly under the supervision of the Dean to carry out a variety of tasks needed.
- Assist staff events.
- Drafting of correspondence.
- Assist with mailings and phone banking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have a Federal Work Study award.
- Must hold a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the campus Office of Student Integrity for the duration of employment.
- Excellent judgment and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Courteous, supportive, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A commitment of approximately 19 hours per week.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt