Executive Assistant to VP of Information Technology/CIO
Position Title:Executive Assistant to VP of Information Technology/CIO Job Category:Staff Department:VP of Information Technology - 7010420 Division:Information Technology Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President and Chief Information Officer is an essential position that performs a wide range of duties including office management, budget support, schedule coordination, research, and a variety of other administrative tasks to support the Vice President and other members of the Office of Information Technology (OIT). This position works in a fast-paced office environment that requires effective time management and prioritization skills. This individual plays a key role in initiating requisitions as well as budget support, reconciliation, and reporting; this position also handles inventory control for office supplies and other assignments including oversight of junior administrative staff members. This individual should have a solid understanding of Higher Education including mission, goals, processes, and operations. This position must be proficient with productivity software such as Office 365; this individual needs a strong technical vocabulary to initiate technology requisitions and facilitate technology projects.
- Provide professional representation of the Vice President's office, exercising judgement and discretion in responding to or initiating internal or external contacts; addressing issues independently without direct supervision.
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President and Division including but not limited to executive communications, scheduling, travel, meeting coordination, and event planning.
- Progressively anticipate, analyze and meet the administrative demands of the Vice President's office,effectively handling a rapid pace of activity and frequently changing priorities. Makes independent decisions regarding information to be forwarded to other staff members for action and/or follow-up on behalf of the Vice President.
- Direct internal and external inquiries to appropriate departments and/or staff members and ensure situations are resolved.
- Manage and provide oversight to the division budgets and expenditures. Process invoices and expense reports, ensure accurate reconciliation and track all documentation specific to state,University System of Georgia (USG) College and Division policies.
- Plan and arrange Vice President's travel details and conduct maintenance and oversight to the Vice President's travel funds and reimbursements
- Represent Vice President in meetings. Serve as liaison for Vice President as needed.
- Manage and evaluate the work of other administrative staff and/or student assistants asnecessary. Make hiring decisions for subordinates and/or additional staff.
- Maintain the Vice President’s calendar, managing the Vice President’s time for maximum productivity and efficiency. Prioritize matters requiring the Vice President’s attention. Facilitate the communication of information and directives both up and down the College’s and division’s chain of command. Act as primary contact for all matters related to the Vice President’s schedule andactivities.
- Communicate effectively with internal administrative and academic offices, and the external community, to ensure strong working relationships are built and maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree, or
- 10 years experience in a administrative professional position with at least four of these years in a higher education Institution
- Five years administrative and/or budget experience.
- High level of proficiency with Office 365 especially Excel and Outlook.
- Substantial understanding or prior experience managing shared calendars and/or resources.
- Ability to initiate continuous improvements and adapt to change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Significant customer support experience.
- Ability to handle complexity and balance multiple priorities.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSPosition requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions. Work Hours:40 Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt