Federal Work Study - Wellness Programming
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Wellness Programming Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Office of Wellness Programming is seeking a creative, innovative and energetic student to develop, implement, and promote Wellness Programming’s weekly health caves, events, and services. This includes enhancing our social media platform and expanding programming into virtual workshops and presentations.
- Lead the Grizzly Health Cave initiative, our weekly outreach, in planning, research, material design and implementation.
- Present health education presentations/workshops to classrooms and student groups.
- Develop virtual outreach sessions, through the use of zoom, Microsoft teams, YouTube and/or other social media.
- Attend all meetings and trainings. Complete the Certified Peer Educator training and exam.
- Design and distribute promotional and educational material.
- Network with professors/instructors and other campus groups to create opportunities for presenting health education programs.
- Assist in administrative duties of the office.
- Conduct research on a variety of health topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The student holding this position reports to the Assistant Director of Programming.
- Must have a Federal Work Study awardMust be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Social Media development and Canva.
- Ability to speak openly about health topics in a positive, mature and interactive manner, including sexual health issues.
- Must be able to work evenings when needed.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health issues pertaining to college students.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:No more that 19 hours per week. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt